The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Confirm Time Conversion  (Read 153 times)

LordCove

Confirm Time Conversion
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:44:53 pm »
Can someone confirm this for me?

This is from Lore

1 week RL  = 4 months, 9 days in Layonara

Thanks

Pseudonym

Re: Confirm Time Conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 10:56:53 pm »
My understanding is multiply RL time by 15.

ie. 7 days RL x 15 = 105 days Layo

More like 3 months and a half months. Maybe a typo is my guess?

D Blaze

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 11:00:05 pm »
Time is more relative than that, and is open to interpretation.

If you are roleplaying every day as though it 'were' everyday, 1 RL week might be no more Layo-time than 1-1.5 IC Weeks, or you could go the full 4 months if you are talking about the time in between something like Quest Sessions.

Remember, this goes in regard to RPing age and such.. some characters when created a year or more ago, were like 18, and now would be in their late 20s, early 30s..... but if you went 'exactly' by the running clock in the layo world, those characters would be in their late 60s-70s, so how is that realistic?

So time is relative to your needs, if you want 1 RL week to only be 1 IC, then RP that way, if you want 1 RL week to be 4 IC months, then do that, or some pick inbetween.

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28:38 pm »
If they were created a year ago or more then yes, they have aged the amount of years that have gone by. We have a timeline. If they were created prior to the rise of a new Harper, then x amount of years have gone by. Please don't fudge the numbers. Stretching the aging process beyond natural limitations is easier to make excuses for then all of your characters falling into a time warp and having time progress slower for you than for anyone else.

The smaller amounts of time are much easier to do, because we are not really sitting around talking for two days and nights. But years we have benchmarks for.

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 11:35:56 pm »
Quote from: D Blaze
Remember, this goes in regard to RPing age and such.. some characters when created a year or more ago, were like 18, and now would be in their late 20s, early 30s..... but if you went 'exactly' by the running clock in the layo world, those characters would be in their late 60s-70s, so how is that realistic?

actually not quite true, from this link It shows that one RL years equal to 16 years, 4 months, 3 days ig. So a char that was 18 would be 34 tops, unless time warped from a Gm quest which I don't think would happen.

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:59 am »
Layonara time conversion link:
Layonara Time Converter

anything