The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Crafting disasters book of records  (Read 650 times)

Crunch

RE: Crafting disasters book of records
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
One also gets into the question of what items can be exceptional.  I know that belt of cunning, gloves of fury, and at least most rings can be exceptional but it would be nice if we had a complete list of what was exceptional.  It isn't something you can tell unless you create an exceptional item.

Ar7

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 04:14:00 am »
Now I don't whether this qualifies as a crafting disaster, but since Mystery Minerals are CNR,  I decided to put this list up. It fits nicely in, since there is another discussion about people finding many many precious gems.

So basically I started this list a bit more than a year ago and it lists all the mystery minerals Rufus has found.

The quote from the journal of Rufus Coldfinger

2 - Greenstone
14 - Malachite
28 - Phenalope
23 - Aventurine
18 - Fire agate
26 - Amethyst
14 - Feldspar
22 - Garnet
14 - Alexandrite
12 - Topaz
7 - Sapphire
1 - Diamond
3 - Ruby
4 - Fire Opal

As I said, over a year *sighs and looks at the "I have found 3 emeralds" topic* :)

ModernMarvel

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 06:48:00 am »
    *Marv coughs and hides his "I made the first ever Exceptional Panther Cloak trophy"*

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 06:57:00 am »
      ModernMarvel - 9/28/2005 6:48 AM *Marv coughs and hides his "I made the first ever Exceptional Panther Cloak trophy"*

Oh, you just HAD to get that in there, didn't you?  Well, Mr. Big shot, put your money where your mouth is and make me another one!

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 07:57:00 pm »
      Chrys Ellis - 9/28/2005  7:57 AM    
      ModernMarvel - 9/28/2005 6:48 AM *Marv coughs and hides his "I made the first ever Exceptional Panther Cloak trophy"*

Oh, you just HAD to get that in there, didn't you?  Well, Mr. Big shot, put your money where your mouth is and make me another one!
       I made one about a month ago.... can I have a cookie too?  -TV

aragwen

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2005, 01:44:00 am »
      This one must be some record...at least for me it is...and must also be one of the stuppiest things I ever done.
        95% chance to make a mahogany shortbow (without casting cat's grace, but who need buffing spells on 95%)...........roll 1.....mmm....not my day I guess.....
        *takes another piece of mahogany out*
        95% chance to make a mahogany short stave (who needs cat's grace....)...........roll 1.....what!!!....I should have casted cat's grace.....
        *takes another piece of mahogany*.....*cast cat's grace*.....
        ah....one mahogany shortbow....now to add compound cams...
        *cast cat's grace, bull strength and any other spell that might make a difference including light*
        ...85% chance........................................................phew....success.....
        Lesson learned: with the bad comes good as well and nothing in life is guarenteed....

jrizz

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2005, 05:38:00 pm »
      so as to balance out all of the fails the gods of random have allowed me to make two hunter bow out of two tries with a 20% anf 30% chance :)

Glenn (//John)

davidtownsend

• Followers of Dorand
        • View Profile
      « Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 08:07:00 am »
      Cut four minerals at 10% chance of success in a row.... *shrug* But I remeber well rolling 1 four times in a row.... for a 95% sucess...

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 04:11:00 pm »
      The gods have taken every successful roll Weston might ever have and replaced it with your failed rolls...

soon people will be setting Weston up as the Patron Saint of highrolls.. he he he he

specificly... Spot Rolls

grrrr

NumberOneHoodlum

• View Profile
        « Reply #29 on: November 23, 2005, 10:09:00 pm »
        Has anyone wondered if perhaps the % (ie.95%) was the percent of FAILING the said craft?- That would answer many questions O_o

hbsobkowiak

• View Profile
          « Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 05:46:00 am »
          So how hard can crafting really be?

Buy shovel 44 coin
          Buy axe 44 coin
          Buy miners pick 80 coin
          Logged on Screen time 4 hours

death, heavily encumbered and failure at attepted crafting arrows.
          Priceless

Ill spend the 4 coin for 99 arrows and take the one less point of damage.
          But hey I now have 12 bags of saw dust and three twisted scraps of copper
          Mabey we should petition for abstract art scuplure as a craft.