The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Friends of A Dwarf  (Read 81 times)

Diamondedge

Friends of A Dwarf
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:36:00 pm »
Following are some friends of mine that I'd like to mention. They may not sum up to all there is in this world of ours to be grand, they may not be heroes or lifesavers, but they are my friends, and I, as an upstanding dwarf, think that goes far, far beyond any act of heroism. Dorand bless them all.

Signed,
Turor Sunderstone

Diamondedge

Acacea Thistletongue
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
Let me tell you about my friend Beardfoot.

She hates that name. I know she hates it, and she tells me she hates it everytime I tell her that she's Beardfoot. But she takes it all in stride, and I love her for it. Her real name is Acacea. She is a very great friend, willing to put up with an old dwarf like me through thick and thin, no matter how far in the Hells it is that I choose to take her, whether or not she is willing to go in the first place.

As an act of friendship, I've decided to subliminally instill my good word into her little head, to help her along on life's path, to help her make the right decisions that will benefit all of society. Cleverly, I have disguised these behind the simple idea of "training her to be a dwarf". I don't think she likes it much, but she'll thank me one day when instead of stealing to get by, she's picking up a hammer and beating metal for a living.

Acacea is, to say the very, very least, family to me. I think of myself as her principled father that she never had, though I bet she thinks far, far differently of me. She is probably one of the few halflings that I'd give a limb to save. Trust in me here, the number of halflings that I would do that for is a very scarce, rare number.

I know that, as my health deteriorates as it does, she'll live long, long after I'm gone... I can only hope that she remembers me for the rest of her happy, good-natured days.

Diamondedge

Aleister
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 11:48:00 pm »
Let me tell you about "medge".

His name is Aleister, and he is as much a nuisance as he is a friend. I think of him as a sidekick, a lackey, a comrade... He is another of the few, few people that I would give a limb if it could save his life. But I would never, ever let him hear the end of it, the ungrateful sod.

He isn't a terribly evil fellow, but he's in it only for himself. Well, him and me. I like to think he's out there to further my own life's greatness, as I am his. Huh.

He is a pest, sometimes, though, I will admit that. Running through my house, barring all my doors and jamming all the locks. One day him and his little imp of a helper Beardfoot decided to build a chimney right in my main entrance hall. They built it out of brick and piled it high, punching a hole through the floor of my upstairs bedroom to build the fireplace's chimney. And the worst part is, I couldn't get rid of it; had to wait for a long, long time for him to dismantle it.

But I still consider him a close friend and ally, and would be very, very saddened if he ever left me.

anything