The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Do you have a question for Leanthar?  (Read 5314 times)

orth

RE: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2005, 01:33:00 pm »
ZeroVega - 2/24/2005  4:31 PM    Orth,
    If I remember correctly it's
  10 seconds for a round
  1 Minute for a turn
  2 Minutes (2 turns) for an Hour
  24 Hours in a day
  2 minutes (1 hour) x 24 hours = 48 minutes RL Did I miss something?
 It's now 4 minutes to an hour.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
Leanthar, how do you want Epic or near-Epic Wizards to act in your world? Would you prefer a Tolkienesque Wizard, staying in the background and helping when they are really needed? With Llu, I had always intended for her at one time to step away from the actual fight and be a guide to the new armies of Bloodstone.

Leanthar

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2005, 04:51:00 pm »
It really depends on the character and how the character is developed.  I have no preference, perse, on what a character acts like or does not act like.

Filatus

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2005, 10:17:00 am »
orth - 2/24/2005  10:33 PM  
ZeroVega - 2/24/2005  4:31 PM    Orth,
    If I remember correctly it's
  10 seconds for a round
  1 Minute for a turn
  2 Minutes (2 turns) for an Hour
  24 Hours in a day
  2 minutes (1 hour) x 24 hours = 48 minutes RL Did I miss something?
 It's now 4 minutes to an hour.
  Are you saying a turn lasts 2 minutes and 12 rounds to a turn?

orth

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2005, 10:43:00 am »
No a turn is one minute and there are 10 rounds per turn.

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2005, 10:57:00 am »

There was a post that led to a discussion about the number of world quests L was going to run for the current campaign.  The current one is "The Soul of a Lost Ancient."  Right?  There was further discussion that there were previous campaigns?  I am presuming they would have been V1 or earlier.  Just curious what those campaigns might have been titled.

Leanthar

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2005, 11:06:00 am »
Soul of a Lost Ancient has been running for about three years.

akheron

• View Profile
    « Reply #107 on: August 09, 2005, 03:17:00 am »
    i have ear about the quest you need to become a epic level.
    My character are far from it but i´m interested to know if you must do world quest to have a chance to try a epic quest?
    because i´m oft too busy to play a longtime on layo(i can stay oft only one or 2 hours for play), i cannot oft do a quest (in fact in 10 month i have been in 3 session of a quest)

Leanthar

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2005, 06:45:00 am »
    You need to have made an impact on the world in some way, that does not mean you need to be intracetly involved in the plot quests--just in some way make an impact on the world in a positive and long term way.

Leafgreen

• View Profile
      « Reply #109 on: August 17, 2005, 04:41:00 pm »
      Pretty wide-open thread topic.

I noticed the scabbards that replace the waist slot are in use here.  Are the back slots in use as well? (quiver, backpack, etc)
      Are there any plans to make it compatible with the DLA quiver?

Leanthar

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
      Yes, I do believe they are in use.. As to the DLA stuff, no probably not.

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2005, 06:09:00 pm »
      My question is about languages.(perhaps a couple of others)
      Being given ear for animals which is class based.
      How do I get other languages?

For a Tiefling, it is common, infernal and abyssal. Though if the character is from the abyss, it would just be common and abyssal.

After looking through planewalker and re-reading character bio. Would it not be likely that Ishara could speak common, abyssal and gish.

Does a druid that is planetouched think the same way as a druid from any of the other crystal spheres?

Amd how come a druid does have access to more animal-based spells, like cat's grace, owl's wisdom, or fox's cunning?

Leanthar

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
      "How do I get other languages?"
        By RPing in game with other players and studying, it is a fairly long process--some languages are very long.  You must also have an intelligence high enough to learn the language(s). Each + (+1, +2, +3 etc.) in Intelligence allows you to learn one more language.
         "...After looking through planewalker and re-reading character bio. Would it not be likely that Ishara could speak common, abyssal and gish."
        That would depend. 
          "ame touched think the same way as a druid from any of the other crystal spheres?"
        Cyrstal spheres?  Since I don't know what you are referring to then I doubt it.  "Amd how come a druid does have access to more animal-based spells, like cat's grace, owl's wisdom, or fox's cunning?"
        DARN good question!  Something I have wondered about D&D in general.  We are stuck with D&D rules and Bioware's implementation of them. *shrugs*

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
      Each game realm is a separate crystal sphere. The term comes from Spelljammer. Like Greyhawk, Oerth, Dark Sun, etc.

I was just wondering about those that are planetouched. Most having come from the outer planes, would they not have access to some skills that other classes and races would not.

Still trying to figure out also, how Tiefling with infernal heritage would be limited to chaotic, as that would be abyssal. Would not an infernal be lawful or evil?

How does a druid following xeen get the attention of her deity? I am sure being the only one in Layonara might be rewarded with some acknowledgement, or does she have to go to the main Xeen temple in Karthy?

And there is still the question of poisons, and other animal- or plant- based resources that a druid should have access to, but they do not, why or why not?

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2005, 10:31:00 pm »

"The two planetouched varieties described here are the most common. Aasimars are humans with some trace of celestial blood in their veins, and tieflings have some fiendishness in their family tree."

- http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/planetouched.htm

Tieflings have fiendish blood.  Fiendish=demon  Infernal=Devil.  I have absolute NO idea why infernal is listed as one of their starting languages, it doesnt make any sense.

Teiflings are chaotic because they have demonic blood, demons are chaotic.

I'm not sure what something that has infernal blood is called.

-TV

p.s. am I not supposed to answer questions here?

Wintersheart

• View Profile
        « Reply #115 on: September 20, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
        Posted a question concerning Shadon and Mist in the Mist forum.

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17695&posts=2#M106532

Posted it there since I am uncertain if the answer should be public knowledge.

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2005, 05:19:00 pm »
        Is there any chance for either a normal class or a PrC that would benefit a priestess of Goran?
        In the old system there was a book, supplement really, that had a subclass of fighter, called the Smithy. Any chance of there being a PrC that is craft specific, like tinkering or such?
        The reason I am asking this, is that IC, and because Azaria likes to build things rather than go on ventures, Celgar did mention Tyson, which she found out, is of Lar from Ozymandias. Golems are just one of her interests.
        Also, is there any chance that thieves tools can be used to do more than just pick locks and remove traps?

Leanthar

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2005, 05:23:00 pm »
        While I don't want to say that your questions will never happen it will be a while at the very least.
          The team has spoken about a crafting class a few times but that is very difficult to do in nwn--nearly impossible.
          The thieves tools... what else do you want to use them for?

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2005, 12:16:00 am »
        Its known that thieves picks and tools, include picks(given), files, pins and various other gizmos. What I am wondering, could they also include a variety of other tools for fabrication, or does that require other assortments of tools?
        Think what I would like to see, if at all possible, is the tools aid in fabrication for tinkering. With the long list of materials required to make such tools, should they not be able to do more than just pick locks and disarm/remove traps?

Varka

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2005, 04:33:00 am »
        Quote from Leanthar

"You need to have made an impact on the world in some way, that does not mean you need to be intracetly involved in the plot quests--just in some way make an impact on the world in a positive and long term way."

You said "positive"...what about "negative"?