The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Do you have a question for Leanthar?  (Read 3863 times)

Hellblazer

Re: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2006, 10:42:48 pm »
Thanks

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2006, 03:43:52 pm »
Leanthar: As the original GM of the gameworld of Layonara back in its AD&D days, you're the best person to answer this.

How has the feel of the campaign setting changed in the time that Layonara has been online, and in what ways?

Leanthar

« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2006, 04:18:01 pm »
Good question. It is quite a bit different. It is no longer solely focused on D&D and is moving further away from it in certains ways. But that has to happen as Layonara is different, it just is, and D&D is not made for online game play, it just isn't.

The "feel" of the world is still the same, and the immersive and details of the world is even better than it was before. So much more has been defined and in a far more consistent way than I had things for a while.

The world is more of an online world and defined for questing and immersiveness and that is just being more and more defined.

So...the PnP days were great and we had a ton of fun. But if I took the world as it is now and brought it back to just PnP days (which is not going to happen mind you) we would have even more fun because it is more defined and yet it has kept the heart of what it has always been...allowing players to, in some way, change things around them. Players made a difference back then and they still do now.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2006, 11:01:27 am »
What's your favorite band, eh boss?

Leanthar

« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2006, 11:22:03 am »
Pink Floyd! :) A few others are somewhat close but they are my favorite.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2006, 11:52:08 am »
Leanthar - 10/23/2006 2:22 PM Pink Floyd! :) A few others are somewhat close but they are my favorite.
 Funny you should mention that. I'm in a Pink Floyd stage right now. I've learning The Wall on me geetar, and hunting down a copy of that trippy movie they made.

CHAzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #166 on: October 23, 2006, 12:15:07 pm »
    and just think, without that concert in Montreal...........

666hellspawn

« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2006, 05:22:09 pm »
    roger waters played dark side of the moon fully and then some, over three hours pink floyd songs, in my country *holland* last summer. and i could not go *cries loudly*. Sometimes you can't win them all. I am just glad i saw pink floyd live 2 times, thats something nobody can take away from me

Honora

RE: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
    « Reply #168 on: October 24, 2006, 05:26:35 am »
    "...hunting down a copy of that trippy movie they made."  Pink Floyd:  Live at Pompeii, 1972.    http://www.amazon.com/Pink-Floyd-Live-at-Pompeii/dp/6301405323  Pink Floyd:  The Wall, 1797.

forsettii

• View Profile
      « Reply #169 on: October 24, 2006, 09:04:11 am »
      Honora - 10/24/2006  8:26 AM  Pink Floyd:  The Wall, 1797.

Honora

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2006, 09:29:41 am »
      Darn right whippersnapper! Don't you forget it!  My secrets?  No sun and lots of water.  You're welcome.

I did mean 1979....yes, I did.  Which still makes me old :).

LordCove

« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2006, 02:15:36 am »
      Yay Pink Floyd fan!

Also try -

Radio Kaos - Roger Waters and the Bleeding hearts
      Amused to Death  -  Rodger Waters      ( What God wants! Track - Classic )
      The Pro's and Cons of Hitch-hiking  -  Roger Waters

And if your really crazy, try -     Music from the Body  - Rodger Waters (and somebody else)......although I wouldn't advise paying too much *smiles secretly*

Old games L......whats your favourite old RPG games?   ie...Ultima......Dungeon Master....

Leanthar

« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2006, 05:09:06 am »
      One of my favorites is the Realms of Arkania series. I enjoyed nearly all of the old ones but that particular one is what got me interested in RP, stat building, character creation etc. And that lead to my first D&D world which eventually lead to Layonara. I played all of the other ones as well but that is the one that sticks out in my mind.

Tanman

« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2006, 01:39:28 pm »
      L,

A question, if you ever do play a character(s), what alignment do you enjoy playing the most?

Leanthar

« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2006, 06:19:03 pm »
      CG and TN...but a TN that is not evil or RP'd in a way to be evil...

CHAzz

• View Profile
        « Reply #175 on: October 26, 2006, 12:39:14 am »
        ok, how can TN be RP'd to be evil...doesn't that kind of make it not TN?

laurabunny

• View Profile
          « Reply #176 on: October 26, 2006, 03:49:38 am »
          CHAzz - 10/26/2006  3:39 AM

ok, how can TN be RP'd to be evil...doesn't that kind of make it not TN?

Ah, yes.  Well, supposing someone wanted to play an evil character, but couldn't get it approved... so got approved as TN and played... say... CE anyway?

At least we know who he's not.

ZeroVega

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2006, 05:42:53 am »
          Think he means more along the lines of... a TN person is completely neutral and doesn't do things for the same reasons that anyone with a "real" alignment does. The ethics a TN person might set could be completely whack, but if the motive behind them is to cause neither great and evil harm nor goody goody good, then the person can retain a TN alignment and still technically "play" another alignment. That's why I've decided (just now) never to play TN again... too hard.

Anyway, my question is. What is your favorite class to play? And if you would please describe your favorite character to us, that'd be cool too.

CHAzz

• View Profile
            « Reply #178 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:30 am »
            Ooooh, here's one, without going into too much spoilerish detail, what one thing are you looking forward to the most in V3?

ZeroVega

« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2006, 01:46:38 pm »
            Oh, I have another one. I've been thinking about maybe picking up Layonara a few times a week for a bit so as to keep my RP skills in order (that way I'm not horribly rusty by the time Spring rolls around). My concearn is that the character I'd like to make now, won't be around for very long once I get a sufficent amount of time to invest in him. So here's my question: Would you advise waiting to make a "long term" character until after any future plans for NWN 2 and Layonara get worked out? I know it's not final yet that we'll move over in 6-9 months (as you've already said) but I'd hate to have that be the case and end up without him when I go on my crazy playing schedule again.

anything