The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bolts of Cloth (Again)  (Read 110 times)

Gulnyr

Bolts of Cloth (Again)
« on: November 28, 2005, 07:34:00 am »
I just noticed this, even though Minerva's screenshot in the first Bolts of Cloth thread shows it: the alpha channels on the bolts of cloth and flexible cloth aren't working.  Here's another screenshot of flexible cloth in-game:

[img=http://home.alltel.net/oily45/layonara/badCloth.jpg]

I was wondering if I had messed up somehow when making them, so I took a shot in the toolset with the original .tgas, and they look fine:

[img=http://home.alltel.net/oily45/layonara/clothTest.jpg]

I can resubmit the bolts (including the silks, just in case) if you think that will help.

Lalaith Va'lash

RE: Bolts of Cloth (Again)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
Its possible this has to do with renaming the .tga file.  If its done in a program, all programs don't support the alpha channel and it can be lost.
  I would try submitting it again giving it the file name that it needs in the program you are using Gul. 
  or, whoever renames it, not to open it in a program, but just to change the name of the .tga
  This is just a guess though.

orth

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Hmm I don't recall opening and saving these files though I may have in investigating minerva's report of their similarities.  Perhaps we can kill two birds with one stone (Plen didn't say that) and Gul you can redo the two, and give the flexible cloth somewhat of a different look?

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 01:02:00 pm »
Have any of the other new icons lost their alpha channels?

We should check them all and if any of the others have, get them fixed at the same time.

No idea why this is happening other than my previous "renaming in other program" thoery. *shrugs*

-TV

Gulnyr

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
orth - 11/28/2005  3:57 PM

Hmm I don't recall opening and saving these files though I may have in investigating minerva's report of their similarities.  Perhaps we can kill two birds with one stone (Plen didn't say that) and Gul you can redo the two, and give the flexible cloth somewhat of a different look?

I was thinking about that.  It won't be a problem to alter the color to make the two more distinct.

Something I learned since I made them is that the 'talmisc' icons are 96x64 in-game, but are 128x64 .tgas, with the bottom 32 pixels not seen/used.  If Aragon opened them up to add the pixels and resaved them, that may have caused the problem you've mentioned.  So I'll fix these two and the silks and resubmit them all.

EDIT: And if you can send me a PM of what you want them called, I can go ahead and slap that on there, too.  I went to look them up in the old 'icons' thread, but they aren't listed there.

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
    Maybe one way to make them more distinct would be to give the flexible cloth a more mesh-like texture.  I don't know how much trouble that would be, but I always pictured the flexible cloth kind of like an ace bandage or something, in terms of texture.

orth

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
    Fixed in next 2da update.