The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Creatures that don't ever seem to drop anything.  (Read 106 times)

Crunch

Creatures that don't ever seem to drop anything.
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:01:06 pm »
I have never found drops on dark spiders or on whirling dervishes.  I'm not sure if they are supposed to have anything but I suspect it may be a problem like the satyrs.

Thanks,

Esi

orth

Re: Creatures that don't ever seem to drop anything.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:06:38 pm »
Animals, Oozes, Vermin and Elementals do not drop treasure.

Crunch

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:15:52 am »
OK.  Don't mean to be argumentative, but I noticed this because wraith spiders and sometimes hallow wraith spiders do drop gold.  I think there is plenty of loot out there in the world, but I feel silly searching bodies that are always empty or walking away from loot left on bodies because I don't expect anything there.  : )

Ar7

RE: Creatures that don't ever seem to drop anything.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 11:22:21 am »
Try to think logically. Would a spider have loot or an elemental? Same goes for a whirling dervish, if you read it's description then it can be summed up as basically being wind, so expecting loot is silly :)

So what orth said sounds good to me

Nyralotep

RE: Creatures that don't ever seem to drop anything.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 11:29:04 am »
True but spiders do kill the occasional traveller and might have a few gold near their web from a previous victim. The spider doesnt keep it per se but it is near where it keeps it's victims. That's just an a thought, I don't think spiders should carry gold because this isn't PnP where you would find something.
 Also to Crunch, I think the hollow wraith spider is not a normal, natural spider and that's why it might carry treasue.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 11:37:57 am »
Aranea and hallow wraith spiders and such are (semi)intelligent creatures that would keep stuff.  Not sure if they're even considered vermin or whether their intelligence bumps them up into magical beasts (which would be why they have loot.)

-TV

ZeroVega

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 11:43:58 am »
Whirling Dervish's should probably have the occasional loot drop. Reading their description is sounds like they're wind entities that pick up debris from the ground they travel over. I would assume then that after killing some passerby they might suck up some gold or a piece of equipment. Then again I don't think it's really that important to start changing loot drops. If you need gold, there are other creatures to get it from.

ZV-