The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ear for Sign Language - Stationary Voice?  (Read 307 times)

Gulnyr

Ear for Sign Language - Stationary Voice?
« on: January 07, 2006, 04:16:00 pm »
When using the Ear for Sign Language,  have to "recast" it if I move very far.  I'm not sure just how far, but switching areas is enough.  It seems the Voice doesn't follow me, and recasting it usually gives the message "Your current Voice has been jumped to you."  Occasionally, I get a message that a new Voice has been created.  This has happened several times, on two servers, during and between laggy periods.

Also, when examining the Ear, it says "Created by Gulnyr for Layonara."  Dorganath really ought to be credited, too.

Thanks.

Dorganath

RE: Ear for Sign Language - Stationary Voice?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 04:36:00 pm »
Nah...I put that description in.  It was your baby, I just helped deliver...or something like that. :)
  Regarding the voice thing...  Does it stop translating when this occurs?  And is it only during really laggy times or is this a general thing?

Variable

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 04:48:00 pm »
I've noticed this problem for all the ears (at least the two i have: Elven and Animal). Whenever i move a substanial amount, even without changing areas, i need to reuse the ears for them to work. From what i've noticed there is no connection to lag, i've been on central with only 3 or 4 others on and had the problem. This just started recently but i'm not sure when exactly.

Gulnyr

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 05:32:00 pm »
Dorganath - 1/7/2006  7:36 PM

Nah...I put that description in.  It was your baby, I just helped deliver.

Thanks.

Just like Variable said, you move away and it just becomes a chat with whomever is on the DM channel, heh.  It stops translating.  I'm on Central right now, and there's almost no lag at all, but still I have to keep recasting the Ear to keep it working.

orth

Re: Ear for Sign Language - Stationary Voice?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 10:01:05 am »
Fixed in next update.  The next update will feature the usage of WinPcap and the Talus Speech Listener which captures whisper/party/shout/dm messages at packet level and processes them for pattern recognition.

*dev smile* Oh, you're going to love this...

orth

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 01:37:40 pm »
Just a point of clarification for anyone who actually reads these things.  The filter bypasses any Tells, we will not capture, log or parse any Tells.  Leanthar and I have committed to that in game privacy and rest assured you can make fun of us behind our backs through tells and we won't find out.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 12:22:23 am »
orth - 2/26/2006  2:37 PM

Just a point of clarification for anyone who actually reads these things.  The filter bypasses any Tells, we will not capture, log or parse any Tells.  Leanthar and I have committed to that in game privacy and rest assured you can make fun of us behind our backs through tells and we won't find out.

Policies like this make me feel good about Layonara.

-TV

freemen2

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 05:25:20 am »
Policy, what policy I dinn't read noting bout no policies :p Sounds cool guys ;)

Say, just a thought, could selecting a different ear while IG make that pesky The Voice dissapear by anychance?...ever since Gloins' ECDQ she's been fallowing Path for rather long periods of time and having a shadow fallowing Path like that is starting to freak him out a bit :s ;)

orth

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 05:28:49 am »
There will be no more The Voice in the next update. All text recognition parsing is done using the NWNX plugin.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 09:05:58 am »
nifty.

freemen2

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 09:03:10 pm »
*Turns around and gives a wicked smile to the shadow in question* YOU hear THAT! yet time is counted, tik tak, tik tak, you will never fallow me again, NEVER!!! *runs off in the distance shouting like a loon the shadow still fallowing him*

Coolness Orth ;)