The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character Mix-Up?--Addressed  (Read 164 times)

Nehetsrev

Character Mix-Up?--Addressed
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:52:52 am »
Bioware Account: LiannaJoy
 Character: Calley Joy

Details:
 I don't know how this has happened unless someone is using a stolen NWN CD Key, or there's been some sort of error in how characters are stored in the Server Vault. However, this morning as my daughter was logging in to play her character Calley Joy, she noticed a new character listed below her own after signing in-game. That character's name is Muradin MacInnes, a recent submission by some other player under the forum account name of MacInnes. I know for a fact my daughter's NWN CD Key is legitimate, we bought it for her birthday last November from Amazon.com and received it in a boxed package with CD and all. So, if someone could look into this and find out why Muradin MacInnes is showing on my daughter's account, and straighten this out, I'd be very happy. I'm sure if this is some error of the Layonara Character Vault, the player of MacInnes will likely also be happy, since he won't be able to play his new character whenever my daughter's logged in with hers.

Thanks in advance!

Hellblazer

Re: Character Mix-Up?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:08:27 am »
I've seen him logged in west early this morning (1-3 Am?) under Bill199 as Muradin MacInnes, while Bill199 was already logged in as Zigruum Frostbeard. So something is either fishy or out of wack.

Filatus

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:12:45 am »
Playing behind firewall?

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:18:47 am »
Bill199 and David199 are brothers, the other one I have no clue who he is.

mixafix

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:19:34 am »
this is a ghost chartacter..it takes the name of last person on so not related to a particular pc..cant recall the fix..might be reset

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:43:49 am »
Hmm the only thing is that he was on as they were on. They staid on for a while as he was on. Might be a problem server side wise?

RollinsCat

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 11:49:49 am »
I saw Muradin on under Tyliien's name this morning.  Wierdness.

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 12:52:01 pm »
And now he's on west logged on as Geloo, while Geloo is already logged on as Ni'haer

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 12:55:36 pm »
This is known as server ghosting *stops techno babble here as he doesn't know what he is talking about*

It'll require a reset, so I'll do that now.

Acacea

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 01:38:41 pm »
Someone needs to check their ports! :)

Rowana

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 02:44:45 pm »
To further comment Dorg PM'd the likely parties last night when he had to reset the servers to fix this the first time. It's possible they may have logged in without having read their PMs. Hopefully by now they have but please do report any further ghosting and we will do what we can, pending the availability of server-able GMs. If there is further need, just note it in the Server Reset thread, since that is the only cure for the ghosting at this time.

Thanks all.
~row

anything