The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Minotaur Shaman AI- Northpoint  (Read 354 times)

lonnarin

Minotaur Shaman AI- Northpoint
« on: May 15, 2006, 07:18:55 pm »
The Minotaur Shamans in the dungeon nearby North Point on Central buff themselves up when they see you, but then they stand there and do nothing while you beat on them.  Apparantly they're peacefully resisting Gandhi-taurs. ;)

Leanthar

Re: Minotaur Shaman AI- Northpoint
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:23:24 pm »
Thank you for the report Lonn. You are one of the rare ones that reported this broken AI instead of repeatedly visiting the place while the AI was broken and not reporting the problem. Good job.

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »
Ive already rebuilt these and got them turned in at Dorgs request. They should be fixed with the next update.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:51:40 am »
1 other person reported it too :)

Blackguy

RE: Minotaur Shaman AI- Northpoint
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:05:30 am »
Thats not entirely true, they tend to throw some evil handaxes on you, that hurt quite alot, but I agree, they need some buffing.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 06:10:18 am »
*points up* What they said.
  Oh, and more often than not, they just stand around doing nothing. If you were fortunate to have a throwing axe tossed your way, it was likely because a GM took some control of the situation to compensate for the buggy AI.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 06:21:38 am »
No, some of them do indeed throw axes.  Most, though, stack up a large number of buffs, turn themselves invisible, then cower in a spot for a while.  I am not positive, but I believe if you give them enough time they will snap out of it and begin attacking you.  I was seldom inclined to wait this long.

Asmodean

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:41:00 pm »
I wonder who it was who threw the axes??  *puts on special Æther glasses*

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 09:01:06 pm »
Acctually I remember these often throwing axes.  er wait... might be the same creature somewhere else... no no, i distinctly recall the minotaur shamans in the dungeon of madness throwing many axes at me regularly.  Though that may be so  long ago its not relevant to this issue.

xXDenizeNXx

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 02:43:59 am »
Seems to me that they don't throw axes at lower level charachters, Which I thought was a normal part of the script, but to illistrate my point I went there with Blackguy and they seemed throw alot of axes his way but not mine and the same thing happened again with 8 Bit and key they threw nasty axes at key and not Geddrin.
Maybe they thought we weren't worthy of there axes ? IDK

ItalianDDog

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 07:40:23 am »
    I know there is a bug with NWN where if a PC or the creature itself turns invisible they cower and "sneak around" so to say.  Ive seen people exploit it on other servers when they just want a specific item or quest item.. they just invis all the uber hard mobs and walk around freely. Probably has nothing to do with this since they have already been fixed.

Stranzini

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 10:56:39 am »
    Well, this might shed some light on something I never quite figured out.

The day Sen did this trip, he got chewed up by those axes. It was like there was a big red bulls eye painted on him. And he was in the back with his bow where he belonged. Every axe had Sen's name on it.

If level ten rogue/bard is considered high level and level a little-less-than-that fully armored and buffed fighters in the front line are not...then I finally understand why it seemed like they just were not targetting anybody but Sen. It was Sen who had to ask for the quest, so the others, except probably Pig, must have been levels less than ten. Nasty AI if that's how it was working.

Killed him dead twice over for the good old mega xp penalty for getting killed again when he hadnt recovered from being raised the first time.

But they werent just standing there letting themselves get killed, I promise you that.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 12:18:37 pm »
    Stranzini - 5/18/2006  11:56 AM

Killed him dead twice over for the good old mega xp penalty for getting killed again when he hadnt recovered from being raised the first time.

Thats a mega xp penalty? *scratches his head and wonders whether this is caused by xp inflation or deflation*

Dorganath

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 07:07:36 am »
    Fixed in last update

anything