The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Problems with posting and editing  (Read 145 times)

Lynn1020

Problems with posting and editing
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:31:12 pm »
I'm trying to edit one of my cdt's. I make the changes and click on to preview the changes and it appears fine. But after clicking the save changes only the first few lines show up. Is there something I should be doing differently.

The same thing happened the other day when I was replying to a post after playing with a while I some how managed to get it to work.

Thanks

orth

Re: Problems with posting and editing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:31 pm »
Are you typing your documents out in Microsoft Word or something similar?  Did you make a note of where it was cutting off? Was it at a particular character? Maybe an apostrophe?

Lynn1020

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:45 pm »
Yes I type it out in Word then copy and past.  I did the same thing with this post and it wouldn't post right.  So I ended up just having to delete it and type it out on here to get it to work.

orth

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:13:47 pm »
What do you mean it wouldn't post right... where did it get cut off?

Lynn1020

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 11:21:16 pm »
Sorry I didn't explain that.  The first time it cut off after I used "...".  I went in and erased the three dots.  The next time it cut off in the middle of a sentence.  Here is the thread I'm working in so you can see.  

I'm working on the first entry.
http://www.layonara.com/development-journals-discussion/110422-emies-letters-home.html

I was trying to edit each one because it is so hard to read the way it transferred from the old board.

Thanks for the fast replies Orth!

Lynn1020

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 12:36:02 am »
Ok I found it is stopping each place I used an apostrophe now. I just have to go in and delete each one and replace it.  I finally got it all to post. :)

orth

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:57:38 am »
Fixed and moved.

anything