The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A RP Dilemma  (Read 140 times)

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
A RP Dilemma
« on: September 10, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
My only character "Garnet Stonesmythhy a monk in Vorax'es service" has been told by "Ozy" not to kill the undead in "The Broken Forest".  
That been said, almost all the parties that I go hunting with want to "warmup" by killing the undead in the Broken Forest, something that I/"Garnet" feels that I/he can no longer do. I also know that I cannot just stay in the party and SOAK the exp gained from the kills. So I have quit the parties. :(

I have a feeling that this isolates me (Garnet) from most Layonara players (PC's) :(, but  I WILL NOT bend from this stance. I would not be RPing correctly if I did. So how does Garnet teach others that will not listen to him and still be respectfull to them and/or the party? I feel there is no solution to this dilemma.

Can anyone think of one?

Leanthar

RE: A RP Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
Well I do appreciate Ozy trying to help out but since he is not a member of the GM or Content team you should always ask one of us for verification.  While the Broken Forest is indeed highly hunted (over hunted) it can still be hunted. 
  Now....With that said, I suspect Ozy may have said to not do this for a specific RP reason (I can think of a few off the top of my head).  And if you choose to follow his (or anybodys for that instance) request in-game/in-character well I think that is a decision you have to weigh and I don't think we can really give you alternatives. 
  I certainly do not suggest traveling alone.

regnus

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 03:24:00 pm »
well any group that I run around with would understand if I explained to them why I wont go to the Forest with them.  

Plus, what's stopping you from partying up once they are done 'warming up'?

Etinfall

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 04:16:00 pm »
The only time Cole kills the undead in the broken forest is if they see him while passing. I got tired of the clearing the forest from undead scenario a long time ago. Then again, I have been here over a year and still my highest lvl pc is 12 :) I think there are lots of pc's who don't hunt the forest. Plus, you can start a party and choose to rp another direction.

Etin

Eight-Bit

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 04:36:00 pm »
Plus it's one of the least exciting places to hunt at all.

Diamondedge

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 05:18:00 pm »
I remember, someone was going to see if they couldn't update the area to be a lot better a while ago, until he was banneh shed.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 06:36:00 pm »
and may he find his way back to his clan to provide them with the assasstence they needed...*bows his head for a moment of silence for the lost*

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 09:11:00 pm »
I can think of some reasons not to fight the dead in the broken, I can also think of some reasons not to go there at all, but I don't think any of them are related to being a monk of Vorax... in case I'm missing someting.

On another note, Ozy is reeeally good at making stuff up and making it sound like it has a lot of weight/history behind it.  And, i mean... thats what a manipulative bard is good at.  At least he didn't convince an Aeridinite not to kill undead ;).

-TV

Vellyn

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 06:01:00 am »
He tried very hard to tell this Aeridinite to not kill in the Broken Forest because I was partied with Garnet at the time Oz told us the story/history of the place. Oz did a good job of convincing me not to hunt there initially ... but i'm over that now :)

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 06:15:00 am »
Talan Va'lash - 9/10/2005  11:11 PM

I can think of some reasons not to fight the dead in the broken, I can also think of some reasons not to go there at all, but I don't think any of them are related to being a monk of Vorax... in case I'm missing someting.-TV

"Vorax honors all who believe in bravery, war and valor. His clerics despise weakness of character, believing one should have strong moral values. They hate pacifism, as any morals and ideals worth having should also be worth fighting for. They loathe an idle mind, as it becomes fertile ground for unrighteous seeds to plant themselves, and equally hate an idle body, as it becomes soft and unsuitable for the rigors of war. They have a great mistrust of arcane magics, and as a result generally do not mix well with wizards and other arcane spell-casters. Above all, the clerics of Vorax abhor dishonorable and deceitful tricksters. War should be fought for righteous causes, and won through honorable battle.

War is a sacred rite for the followers of Vorax, and as such is never entered into lightly. War should always be an option of last resort and should only be engaged in for the most just of causes. However, once engaged, a war should be fought strictly by the established rules and the righteous cause must be made victorious. There is no shame in losing a battle, but there is great dishonor in losing a war. To lose a war is to fail the just and the righteous, and therefore show weakness in the Father of Battle. Because war is so sacred to the church, the tools of war are considered sacred instruments. Thus, weapons of war are treated with great reverence.

To encompass all of this, a follower of Vorax must have a strong and just moral character. Followers of Vorax must be like The Ever Vigilant himself, keeping their bodies and minds prepared at all times to defend the just and righteous of the world."

As I see it the utter distruction of the Protectors of Righteousness (good) be they Undead or Living is not an Honorable thing to do! The fallen heros of the "Elf-Man War" are ever vigilant in the act of Protecting the broken forest and the only grave that belongs there. (the one in the center) They are to protect their old battlefield from Evil & Damage, but they have trouble determining what lies in the heart of the living, thus they keep all out! By force if needed.
*Garnet does feel bad about not helping the undead protect the broken forest in their JUST CAUSE! But he has the forsight (wisdom) to see the Paradox. Thus he will only use words to try to preserve the Balance there.*

That is the missing part or the Delemma that I (Garnet) face(s).
Do you understand now?

anything