The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A simple question regarding Weapon enhancements  (Read 159 times)

Rasterick

A simple question regarding Weapon enhancements
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:31:00 am »
Sorry if this has been ask before, but I have had a good look around, and cannot find a specific enough answer.

Can a Level 7 char, wield a Bronze Greatsword with a level I cold enhancement? If so, is that same character able to apply the enhancement? or will they have to get a higher level char to apply it for them.

Dorganath

RE: A simple question regarding Weapon enhancements
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:35:00 am »
Look here:
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13549&posts=13
  However, you may want to reconsider enhancing bronze, because I think I remember something about the elemental enhancement destroying the extra bludgeoning damage that bronze gives.  I could be wrong on that.  Anyone?

Rasterick

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 06:45:00 am »
Thanks for that, looking at the posts in that thread, it appears that adding any enhancement to a bronze weapon, negates the properties inherent in it. Thus making it as effective as a copper weapon with an enhancement.

I guess I will leave it off and wait until I can get to a suitable level to apply it to an iron weapon.

NEXUS7

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 06:51:00 am »
Hwat dos Silver/Titanium do for your weopon?

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 06:53:00 am »
Silver adds damage against undead and shapechangers
  Titanium adds damage against Outsiders

Vellyn

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 08:22:00 am »
Silver adds two levels to the weapons requirement but can stack with elemental enhancements ... I had a fellow player just recently teach that too me *thanks Wintersheart ;) *

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 12:59:00 pm »

One note though silver I and II adds two levels, III and IV are a different story.

Oh and silver damage does not appear seperately like elemental does.

Crunch

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
    Regarding titanium enhancements, I've seen a lot of discussion of how they are like silver enhancements except for outsiders, but I've never seen any for sale.  Is anyone making these?  Is titanium available to mine at a difficulty level similar to silver or maybe adamantium?  I'm not asking for a CNR location, just an idea of when it may be achievable.

Thanks

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
    Titanium is wicked hard to get.

Its also quite good due to the fact that a lot of the reeeally difficult baddies are outsiders (read demons and devils)

-TV

Edit:  how many levels a silver/titanium/elemental enchantment adds to a weapon depends on the weapons value.  Iron isnt worth all that much so adding and enchantment can add quite a few levels.  But if you had an adamantium weapon with an elemental rod IV, a silver enchantment wont add much to the level req since the value of the item is already so high.  I think if you have a adamantium with rod IV silver 1 and 2 add no levels and 3 and 4 add one.

Vellyn

• Followers of Aeridin
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 02:10:00 pm »
    Though I didn't start this thread, I'm loving all the info i'm learning from it. Thanks everyone :)

Guardian 452

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
    I can't recall if this works or not.

Will a lower level Enchant override a higher one?  say in the case of you put one on that was too high and need to get the level back down now?

G-452

vgn

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:16:00 am »
    I am pretty sure that works G, but I haven't tried it because well I didn't want to lose my nice enchantment. I could try next time I'm on as a DM and see what happens.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
      • Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 10:45:00 am »
    Something I discovered while running around with Yardislan in his lower levels:  If you put the spell Magic Weapon onto a Bronze weapon, the +1 damage stacks with the properties already on the bronze weapon.  However, when the Magic Weapon spell fades, it takes the bronze weapon damage bonuses with it until you reequip the weapon.

Guardian 452

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
    If you could VGN or some one.

I messed up and read that nice chart wrong on weapon levels with dual enchantments.

So I need to downgrade to element 3 instead of element 4 ... with silver 4.

Id like to know if I can just slap an element 3 on and downgrade it.

Thanks

G-452

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
    I believe you can, each time a rod is applied, it overrides the previous respective enchantment.