The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Tent  (Read 237 times)

thekevmon

A Tent
« on: September 11, 2005, 01:00:00 pm »
I have a question:

My character, Xenadrin Zin'Jarlan, was banished from town (by a DM who posessed captain Garent). He has chosen a nice location in the wilderness where he can leave his ox and log out. Could I maybe get a tent or something to make it official that I live there now?

Can I also put traps around my ox so that if I'm away and someone lures an enemy near it the enemy dies when it tries to touch my ox?

Also, any tips on how to Role-Play this well would be welcome.

Filatus

RE: A Tent
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »

Don't forget the mailbox and a little carpet on the ground that has "Welcome" embroidered on it. :D

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 01:17:00 pm »
No, on all of those... and most certainly no traps.

Willowraine

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 01:26:00 pm »
    If I remember right there are those safe rest spots with a fire and a tent... Just squat in one of those and say its your tent.

Diamondedge

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
    ...and defend it at all costs. Don't want those intruders taking YOUR safe rest spot. Hide in the bushes, draw that lovely little dagger of yours, and if they camp around your fire, why, knife 'em and make 'em into a coat. Also, stick their head on a pike as a warning. :D

Well. That's what I'd do, anyways.

Vyris

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
    I had a character that lived out of doors, and all you really need to do is reflect it in your RP, and integrate it into your dev. thread. I think the whole coat-making, head pikeing thing is a bit much, and would faily well guarentee an angry mob.

Besides, Rhizomes the high druid, he would probably take O-fense to your D-fenses.

Vyris

thekevmon

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
    Housing problem solved. I've found a place that Me and my ox enjoy and its secluded from the rest of civilization. And having lots of pikes could be expensive, and as an early adventurer I just don't have that kind of money  :)

Bryantiza

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
      haha. Was ths before or after that mob of people told you to get out of town?
      People can be so crewl sometimes.......
      oh well.  ;)

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »
      ..i might be able to come up with an illusion or encantation to make the piked heads appear to speek, give a warning to other to stay out. For a price of course *evil grin*

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
      So melodramatic...
        You weren't banished...just told to get out.  Big difference. ;)

anything