The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Characters on the new Layo version.  (Read 257 times)

DiegoBastet

Characters on the new Layo version.
« on: July 10, 2007, 11:49:36 am »
I think I did not see a thread like this around, or maybe this kind of discussion is inside some other thread, and if that's the case, please, give me the link of it.

But if not, what are the intentions of you people about characters in the new Layo? Do any have some idea of concept already?

I'm thinking about playing with some concepts, and one of them is actualy very similar to my actual character, Eliza. The concept is to be something around a fey character, may that be elf, half-fey, nymph (THIS would be great!), priestess of the woods, and that would be anything from magician/cleric/spellcaster of the woods, anything like that. The rp would not be that different from Eliza: The side of the nature full of emotions.

And you people?

DMOE

Re: Characters on the new Layo version.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 12:11:13 pm »
While I think it's great to see people thinking about new Layo and the enjoyment they will have there.....Maybe we should actually wait and see what races, classes etc will actually be available.

Preferably without hassling the team to find out :)

Lynn1020

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 12:28:57 pm »
There are so many unanswered questions I don't really think that asking them is really hassling the team.     But he is just asking others what type of pc they are thinking of making.  People are excited about it and making plans on checking it out.  ;)    

DMOE

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:19:05 pm »
Oh I agree and wasn't trying to be negative.....Just don't want people coming up with complex character ideas they really like the sound of to say discover one of the races involved isn't supported as that's never any fun!

As for unanswered questions....They are unanswered for a reason and I'm sure they will be answered when the team are ready to answer them.

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:16:10 am »
I did have one crazy idea....

...about this guy called Trouble. Bit of a coward, always seems to get himself lost and complains endlessly, though is a nice guy at heart.
Is a bit of a Ranger and got himself a connection to the Weave, though he aint exactly no wizard, but can cast a few spells.
He has an amazing ability to dodge things, since when ever his mother and father had an arguement, she would hurl fireballs in the father's direction, to which he would dodge them nimbly and easily. Seeing this the amount of times Trouble has, he too has learnt to be able to dodge just about anything....
...he also has a strong hate for Implosion, Death magic and Rhubarb pies....
....but a love for Blueberries and people who magick him up.

// I would also like to request an Ear for Elven Language
// a +6 to all Death saves
// an Immunity to the Sorcerer's spell "Fireball"
// And "Flee from Battle ability"  ( basically Haste / 1 use per day )

Thank you

;)

Pseudonym

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:53:18 am »
@LordCove - I just can't see that concept working at all.

Kadim

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:52:32 am »
    heh maybe if you wove in some kind of rock man ancestry, he could have rock hard skin, and then you could call it a "rock" bonus so it stacks with natural armor and whatnot...

oo, and if you dressed him in a black mask, he could be a psycho ninja wizard!!!!

:D

Falonthas

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:10:51 am »
    or call him sall jr

LordCove

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:39:55 am »
    Quote from: Pseudonym
    @LordCove - I just can't see that concept working at all.

Fine fine....I knew asking for the Elven Ear was too much.

How about we dump the Elven Ear and raise the Death Saves to +8.
    Background for this would be presented in his father's Journal... headlined "How not to get paggered!" and " Frontlining....the fools choice!"

;)

jrizz

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:53:27 pm »
    LordCove! you are cracking me up :)

DiegoBastet

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 05:18:30 pm »
    Hum, really I don't think the topic went on the direction I put it on...

And this is not to put pressure on the team. I think it is REALLY pretty hard for you to not being able to create a concept without using the idea of specific classes or races. As for my idea, D&D druid or cleric would do, FF White Mage would do, TRRPG (totaly random role playing game) magician would be fine, too...

LynnJuniper

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 05:25:12 pm »
    Well in every roleplaying game you should surmise to have:

1) Fighter -- Uses weapons in melee combat, attacks slowly but can take hits really well
    2) Ranged Combat Expert -- Nuff said
    3) Healer -- No matter what the name, this is the class of 'buffs' and healing.
    4) Offensive Magician -- "Black magic" offence spells. BLOW IT UP class
    5) Theif -- This is the melee combat participant who can dish lots of damage out very quickly but isnt as good as a fighter at taking it.

This is core gameplay here, I cant really imagine an RPG without these skills, even if not as set in stone classes

DiegoBastet

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 05:34:51 pm »
    Add on that some very common Hybrids and puff, you get a lot of options.

Thanks for the clarification, by the way!

anything