The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Favorite Movie, T.V Death Scene  (Read 386 times)

Glassman

• View Profile
    Favorite Movie, T.V Death Scene
    « on: January 16, 2006, 02:05:54 pm »
    I've just watched the third to last episode of the first series of Lost. I have to say at this point I am loving the whole thing. I just saw annoying fat teacher blokey explode himself whilst warning the others about the dangers, and the instability of dynamite when it sweats pure nitroglycerine. Superbly ironic and shocking way to go. Just wanted to know if anyone else has a favorite funny or ironic death scene.

Milo

Re: Favorite Movie, T.V Death Scene
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 02:15:22 pm »
    Hmm...gotta be the death of Admiral Cane from the Battlestar Galactica remake

Then there's the death of Yuna from Gundam SEED Destiny.  Love the end of that annoying antagonist

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 02:34:26 pm »
    Lost is an amazing show.  My favorite death had to be from the very 1st episode when the plane's jets were sporadically spinning.  Some poor guy gets up from the wreckage and waves to a friend, "I'm alright!"  and then... walks in front of the turbine.  Immediately it spins back to life sucking him in and exploding.

Vyris

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 03:31:55 pm »
    I liked the annoying self centered chain smoking woman in Final Destination 2 getting the airbag/PVC pipe treatment, and the barbed wire diced drug addict from the same movie.

Vyris

Rasterick

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 03:42:27 pm »
    I loved the scene in Princess Bride, where Indigo Montoya eventually tracks down the six fingered man; his fathers killer. Holding his sword to his throat, the man pleads for his life, offering gold, riches jewels, power. Finally he says I will give you anything.. To which Indigo replies, I want my father, you £$%%^!^.. . Then kills him.

Also the Terminator as it gets lowered into the molten metal.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 03:57:47 pm »
    Commando, with Arnold Schwarzenneger (sp? lol) when his daughter is kidnapped and there's the evil guy staring at him on a chair: "If you want to see your daughter, you'll cooperate, yes?" Arnold: "No." then shoots him on the head just like that. Man i laughed so hard, hehehe.

Niles09

RE: Favorite Movie, T.V Death Scene
    « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 07:36:24 am »
    Certainly the death of the bad guy in "Indiana Jones - the last crusade" I didn't dare to watch before I was 13 or something (and it still gives me the creeps, but thats mostly because of the memories) The death of all the bad guys in the other Indiane JOnes movie wasnt bad either :P

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 07:51:54 am »
    Best Death ever.... Hmmm...My props are going out to the REAL way the Sergant Razek in Starship troopers dies.. Screaming at Ricco as a bug drags him off with a primed grenade in his hand.

NEXUS7

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:28:50 am »
    O there is one we all know that is the best ever Death in a film

It’s when Major T. J. "King" Kong the cowboy hat waveing all American Pilot of a B52 RODEO rides his NUKE down to start the end of the world in

Dr. Strangelove or: "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"

YEEEE HARRRR RID-EM PONY!

That tops them all

Ne'er

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 12:08:55 pm »
    Going back to the Indiana Jones, I love the scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" When the guy is making the fancy moves with the sowrd, threatening and egging on Indy, so Indy just pulls out his gun and shoots him. I still laugh when I see it.

Shadowblade225

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 12:51:14 pm »
    Fl/\\m3Str!k3 - 1/16/2006 6:57 PMCommando, with ArnoldSchwarzenneger (sp? lol) when his daughter iskidnapped and there's theevil guy staring at him on a chair: "If youwant to see your daughter,you'll cooperate, yes?" Arnold: "No." thenshoots him on the head justlike that. Man i laughed so hard,hehehe.
      Ya Arnold hadalot of good death dealing scenes albeit many were cheesy. Commandoalways made me laugh - just as the A-team (nowthere's a show!) did. Oneguy, hundreds of Columbian terrorists armed to the teeth, and Arnoldnever gets a scratch. Classic! When he and that out of shape guyfought, and he threw the steam pipe into him "let out some Steam bennet"- good stuff.

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 06:17:00 pm »
    cowboy beebop.
    last episode... may not be a movie, but I cry, EVERY time...  its so beautiful!!!

CHAzz

• View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 10:55:27 am »
      "I am a leaf on the wind..."

Faldred

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 11:03:51 am »
      Ne'er - 1/17/2006  3:08 PM

Going back to the Indiana Jones, I love the scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" When the guy is making the fancy moves with the sowrd, threatening and egging on Indy, so Indy just pulls out his gun and shoots him. I still laugh when I see it.

It wasn't scripted that way -- there was a big choreographed fight scene planned, but Ford was under the weather and ad-libbed the shooting.  Call it "art by accident".

crazedgoblin

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 11:04:12 am »
      lonnarin - 1/16/2006 10:34 PM Lost is an amazing show. My favorite death had to be from the very 1st episode when the plane's jets were sporadically spinning. Some poor guy gets up from the wreckage and waves to a friend, "I'm alright!" and then... walks in front of the turbine. Immediately it spins back to life sucking him in and exploding.
       BEST DEATH EVER lol

Honora

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 11:09:50 am »
      Two:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie), Paul Reuben's death scene...and scene...and scene....

And Firefly, first episode, when Mal kills Dobson while walking into the cargo hold of the ship.  Priceless.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 11:11:56 am »
      I can think of a couple 'funny' one's I've enjoyed.

The protagonist's death at the end of the movie "Darkstar" where he rides a piece of his starship's debris down into the atmosphere of a nearby planet as though he's surfing on it like it's a surfboard.

----

Or, the long, drawn-out comedic death of the one vampire henchman in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.

---------
      ---------
      One of the more memorable dramatic death scenes I remember though has to be the death of Aeris in Final Fantasy VII and the scene after as Cloud let's her sink into the deep pool of water.  Not a movie or TV show, per-se, but still a favorite.

SuperMunch

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 11:17:05 am »
      - Ishii from Kill Bill, Vol. 1 and Bill from Kill Bill, Vol. 2

Tarantino turns violence into art.

SuperMunch

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 11:21:04 am »
      We're talking funny?

Marvin in Pulp Fiction.

You know, the guy that has his head blown off by Vincent Vega.  Comedy gold!

darkstorme

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 11:22:24 am »
      Back to Indy for a third time - the fistfight with the mechanic while the plane warms up.  Indy's getting the snot beaten out of him, swinging a wrench at the guy to no avail, then glances behind the guy and falls flat.  Big strong mechanic turns around... and straight into the airplane propeller.

This is why Rule 81 exists, people!.

anything