The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Fingers Crossed  (Read 532 times)

Force_of_Will_

Fingers Crossed
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:56:23 pm »
Well my computer lets me on for about 30 mins. a pop after letting it rest for a few hours unplugged.

If all goes well Ill get a Dell in the mail Friday.

*Crosses Fingers*  ;)

Thak

Re: Fingers Crossed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 03:03:31 pm »
*sacrifices a furry animal to the cause* ;)

pinkpowerbait

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »
hopefully you arent using FedEx....
... Kidding!!! (that was a cheap shot at ravemore)
:) i'll cross my fingers for you too.. PC problems are sooo not fun!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:20:54 pm »
And I have a lot of things for you once you return :D

Hope it works out!

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 04:30:36 pm »
This is what I ordered.
Remember im computer dumb so don't laugh.

XPS 210

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6300 (2MB L2 Cache,1.86GHz,1066 FSB), Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium

XPS 210        |                          Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6300 (2MB L2 Cache,1.86GHz,1066 FSB)          
                        Memory        |                          1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs          
                        Keyboard and Mouse Bundles        |                          Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse          
                        Monitors        |                          20 inch E207WFP Widescreen Digital Flat Panel          
                        Video Cards        |                          256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro          
                        Hard Drives        |                          320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™          
                        Operating System        |                          Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium          
                        Mouse        |                          Mouse included with Keyboard purchase          
                        Network Card        |                          Integrated Intel® PRO 10/100 Ethernet          
                        Modem        |                          Integrated 56K Data / Fax modem          
                        Adobe Software        |                          Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0          
                        CD or DVD Drive        |                          8x DVD+/-RW Drive          
                        Sound Cards        |                          Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio          
                        Speakers        |                          Dell AS501PA 10W Flat Panel Attached Spkrs for Analog Flat Panels          
                        Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed)        |                          Microsoft Works 8.  DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD          
                        Security Software        |                          McAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 15-months          
                        Dell Digital Entertainment        |                          Trial pack- Basic and trial products from Corel and Yahoo          
                        Labels        |                          Windows Vista™ Premium

Nyralotep

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 04:26:29 pm »
I can tell you right now you might to have problems if it comes with Vista.  NWN and Vista don't play well together.  Other than that it looks pretty nice.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:37:48 pm »
Quote from: Force_of_Will_
This is what I ordered.
Remember im computer dumb so don't laugh.

XPS 210

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6300 (2MB L2 Cache,1.86GHz,1066 FSB), Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium

VISTA!!!!

*Dies a horrible death*

EVIL!

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 06:08:28 pm »
Well if one has Windows XP, then they can install that and be done with Vista. heh, you could also install both on different partitions

Praylor Falcus

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 06:26:39 pm »
"Um fellas it's a dell, it will come with a recovery disk, that will load vista even if he dosn't want to, only way around it is to load the disk and once running , to open the disk and remove what files he wants/needs (ie bios and driver files). Then burn them to a disk and format the hard drive, While that is going on he can run down to his local Comp-U-Mart and hope they have a copy of plain ole xp.
 You'll want a full install not an upgrade unless you have an older version of windows laying around. Once you have xp on go in and install all your needed files (ie. Bios and drivers). Thats the only way around installing vista on your machine.  

P.S. Integrated most often means bare minimum, invest in a sound card (PCI) and a Network card (PCI), worst case senerio is you will have the integrated ones as back ups.

hawklen

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 06:33:42 pm »
"Dude, you're screwed, you're getting a Dell!"

Kidding, decent specs there, should get ya going, dump vista tho, and get XP installed. Just get a full install CD, and wipe the harddrive out

Falonthas

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 06:38:34 pm »
or just put nwn and your layo haks on an external and then play it through the usb

Skywatcher

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 07:01:22 pm »
It is possible to order dell computers with XP but you have to specify that at the time you order.  Its probably too late now but if you call Dell customer service they may be willing to trade it out with one with XP instead of Vista.  Just a thought.

jrizz

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 08:54:20 pm »
You can run NWN on vista with no issues. See this post by stolen he got it going. Look at one of his last posts in the thread.

http://www.layonara.com/general-discussion/113610-vista-nwn.html

Here is his last post.

the problem is with diamond and the critical rebuild (CR). The CR on the internet doesn't work so bioware sent a different version ON THE DISK.
run that and you can then run the updater and get the latest version which appears to run fine on vista.

hawklen

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 10:19:27 pm »
nwn runs great in linux ^_^

theophilusmousse

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 03:58:20 am »
    nwn seems to run better in linux than in win xp. (for me anyway)

and it never asks me to insert the game disk :)    which is also nice.

if you are looking to complicate your life, you could always install linux on a virtual machine and run nwn on linux in a vm on vista  O.o

hawklen

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 05:29:15 am »
    Quote from: theophilusmousse
    nwn seems to run better in linux than in win xp. (for me anyway)

and it never asks me to insert the game disk :)    which is also nice.

if you are looking to complicate your life, you could always install linux on a virtual machine and run nwn on linux in a vm on vista  O.o

It runs under linux better than XP for me too.

vmware on vista? linux and nwn in it?  yer nuts man

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 10:28:06 am »
    lol,Did you not see the I am computer dumb comment?
    Im reading this going "ok,so what does that mean?"