The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Funniest Quest moment:  (Read 170 times)

minerva

Funniest Quest moment:
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:17:23 am »
[SIZE=16]By far one of the most hilarious quest moments I’ve seen was on Kobal’s epic this past weekend. Don’t get between a dwarf and his weapon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] How abou' I hold the axe. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] I be Clan. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to kobal* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to his axe* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Ahndar Sussail: [Party] I think Kobal is right. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to kobal* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] I'll nay break it. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to the axe* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to kobal* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] I be a smith lad. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to his axe* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to kobal* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] I crafted one loike this once before. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Plenarius Ashaley: [Party] Could be worse, could be asking you for a stack of your ale [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Fenrir Thornaxe: [Party] Give him the darn axe ye bugger [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks to his axe* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *sighs* oki lad [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *hands the axe to kobal and looks at him, and then to the axe* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] A foine axe. [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *still hold on to it* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] *takes it, carefully* [/SIZE][SIZE=16]Lia Di'makiir: [Party] my goodness that took long, better write that down... "if you ever wish to stun a mindless dwarf ask for his axe" [/SIZE]  [SIZE=16]Gotak Gungur: [Party] *sniff*[/SIZE]

Leanthar

Re: Funniest Quest moment:
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 11:21:26 am »
*laughs* That is pretty darn funny! :)

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: Funniest Quest moment:
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 11:24:08 am »
lol, i love dwarves.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 12:18:12 pm »
Ask Celgar about Him and Rurik finding a bra that belongs to a half elf mage......

slipperhero

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 01:57:21 pm »
Gotak Gungur: [Party] *Takes his mithrlaxe again and tries to sever the tubes*
Kobal Bluntaxe: [Party] Stop Gotak!
Gotak Gungur: [Party] *looks back* what lad?
Rah Rah: *as the axe touchs the tubes Gotak turns into an odd kind of earth circuit, and is reduced to a small patch of dust*

darkwulf365

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 02:08:48 pm »
On Meitzer's Dead Men quest.  Our party's ship stalled in the middle of the ocean.  Taislin Woolhands and Yardislan decided to try casting Gust of Wind to fill the sails.  Taislin decided to cast it first in the wrong direction, centered upon himself so he gets knocked down.  Then in the wrong direction again, with him inside the AoE, knocking him down again.  Finally in the correct direction with him inside the AoE but close enough to aggravate an NPC sailor who then thought it would be a good idea to whale on said halfling while he was prone on the ground, kicking and screaming the entire time.

I think that's how it went, but I can't really remember, since I was in tears after the first knockdown

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 03:13:51 pm »
I didn't find it funny right when it happened, but since it turned out well i now laugh at it. ;)

Syn: *detects evil*

*Syn blows up like a melon*

Ar7

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:37:24 pm »
I like Lia's comment at the end, really adds a finishing touch heh

Varka

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 05:10:02 am »
I got another one: Varka 2. part of his CDQ

Vigg, Kobal and Varka is slowly passing dwarven-riddle-traps (the kind of - make a wrong choice and you die). Standing ONLY in their underwear halfway through the first level *sighs*. They meet a "Colossal Golem".
Censor XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After a lot of whisperings, planning, “pushing buttons” Varka decides to run pass it yelling “Praise the all mighty!” As he does this Dezza interferes

Dezza: ///STOP!
All stops and holds their breath
Dezza: As varka runs by the golem ----------
Dezza: It does not move…
Dezza: // hehe

At one point I was so sure that we were all gonna  get our behind beaten up by the golem.

PS: Great CDQ Dezza - - - really impressive dwarven-riddle-traps

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 05:46:03 am »
Not quite as good as the axe incident (which was priceless, let me just say!), but on a CDQ I ran for Ael, the group was up in the high forest looking for a lost temple, and the Rangers and Druids of the group decided to try and speak to the local wildlife to see if they knew anything. This meant deer, of course, and since deer have a limited vocabulary and attention spans about as long as their tails, the conversation was likely frustrating for the party, but quite entertaining for me as the GM.
  Well, at one point, one of the party members told one of the Rangers to ask if there was any sort of "deer lore" that might indicate the location of this supposedly lost temple.
  The idea of "deer lore" kept me laughing for the rest of the quest. :D

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 09:25:22 am »
OK this might not count as it only made a Quest GM laugh while he was doing a CDQ but it is here :D

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21595&posts=4

aragwen

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 09:54:49 am »
Dorganath - 1/30/2006 3:46 PM   Well, at one point, one of the party members told one of the Rangers to ask if there was any sort of "deer lore" that might indicate the location of this supposedly lost temple.
  The idea of "deer lore" kept me laughing for the rest of the quest. :D

Hey, I had to ask, nobody had any better suggestions and the deer was really frustating me.

cappyra

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 12:43:30 pm »
Back in my PnP days as a DM...

The party primarily composed of elves approaches a human city...  The people are looking and pointing.   When they would speak with an NPC there was always a comment such as:

"Elves...  we don't get many of the fair folk around here"

"My... but your an Elf!"

"We welcome the fair folk for it is not often they venture here..."

This went on for days as the party transversed the city.  Finally fed up with the responses and gawking people...  as they were heading through the city...  a gaurd says:

"Fare thee well.  Return soon for we don't get many of the fair folk around here."

One irritated elf turns to the gaurd and er hem...  makes a rude gesture...  You know the one.

As the party walked away...  Another Guard leans over and says...  what do you suppose that was?  The guard shrugged and said, "Maybe it's an elvish greeting and farewell gesture"

And so...  as the elves headed for the gates...  the word spread and everyone was er hem...  giving them the elvish greeting and farewell gesture. . .

Mwhahahahaha!

This went on through the rest of the campaign as word spread throughout the land.  ;)

This became quite the running joke through throughout and finally...  finally the same elf who started it all... as they were departing yet another city...  was soooo fed up... he drops his trousers and moons all the people gathered round...

I don't have to tell you how things went from there hahahahahahahaha!