The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I really need help  (Read 58 times)

chunkyjr3575

• View Profile
    I really need help
    « on: October 12, 2005, 06:34:00 am »
    I am new to all of this and I need to do a CDG to maka a shifter.
    I have a bit of an idea is it something like this.
    I enter Hex's jounal in the CDT his jounal say that he has been hearing voices in the broken forest telling him to change his form, im going to make it that its his mother telling him because he can't keep his anger inside his form anymore.
    Then after that I do a CDG where I write the times I am on Layonara.
    Is that right someone tell me or help me please.

Filatus

RE: I really need help
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 06:51:00 am »
    Ehm, yes basically you are right. Keep record in your character development thread about the changes your character is undergoing and then later supply for a CDQ.

I think you could have your CDQ somewhere at level 8, 9 or 10. But I don't think your character is at that level at this moment. So just keep playing your character. Having a CDQ is necessary for taking the shifter Prc, but you'll have to have some druid levels first.

EDIT: typo's

chunkyjr3575

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:54:00 am »
      Thanks for that but how do I do a CDQ.
      Sorry for all teh question.

Ar7

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 06:59:00 am »

Pankoki

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 07:04:00 am »
      Okay, lets do a step by step deal here.
        - You have your druid approved and are playing it now.
        - I am assuming that you are roleplaying the shapeshifting abilities of the druid to an even greater degree that normal druids do and emphasizing on the fact that you seek more.
        - You keep your journal updated with the experiences of your character and that introspective analysis into his personality that can potentially lead him down the shifter path.
        - When you feel that the character has gone through enough and that the path of shifter is ready to be revealed you ask for a CDQ pointing to all of the above. Keep in mind however, that just because you have all the right things to take the shifter class next level it doesn't mean that you have to do it immediately. Patience is a virtue.
        - The story behind it all is really up to you. Shifting is viewed in many ways, some are roleplayed as maniacal people who cannot keep a form, others are roleplayed as wise druids who realize that reality itself is formless. That is entirely up to you and how you wish to portray your character. As long as you dont break the boundaries we are pretty open minded.
        I think however, the most important thing you need to remember is that just because you are ready mechanical-wise to take a shifter level, it doesn't mean that you HAVE to take it. Patience and appreciating every passing level is far more important in Layonara. So my advice is not to hurry anything up and just take it slow, in the end it will be worth it.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 07:40:00 am »
      And just to add one thing to what Pankoki mentioned, before a CDQ will be run for you by a GM, you must be approved for the Shifter PrC first.  Approval is just like submitting a character, in fact you resubmit your same character with the addition of supporting bio information and a link to your Character Development thread.

anything