The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 175 times)

Trace Nightwind

Hello All
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:59:00 pm »
Hi Everyone!  
I have been extremely busy with my video business and have recently had a physical setback.  I just was diagnosed with a herniated disk in my back.  I am only 24, and VERY active, so this is disheartening.  Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated as I am trying to heal without surgery.  Hopefully Someday I will have time to play and Bama can once again appear in Hlint.

Guardian 452

RE: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 11:18:00 pm »
Hang in there Trace :)

Good to hear from you.

G-452

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
I hope you get better.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 12:38:00 am »
Hope you get better soon :)

Vyris

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 12:55:00 am »
I hope things settle for you, would be great to see Bama in Hlint again.

You can get over your back problems! I did, lots of 'little' excercises got my back strong and retrained the muscles, working on posture, etc. It took me about 3 years, but I feel much better now... no more kick-boxing, but, I can still hike and ride motorcycles.

Vyris

twidget658

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 02:17:00 am »
Have faith. I have a large herniation in the S5-L1. I have had it since 1996, I was only 26 years old. I spent the first three months being misdiagnosed, major pain! Then the next five months i was getting steroid shots in my back and hip. It was all in the operating room so the procedure was easy. I still have episodes, but mostly out of pain. No surgery in the near future, either.

Good luck and I hope everything turns out well.

Kapitän Awesome

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 03:44:00 am »
    That really sucks, Trace. Hope you get better, mate.

Vellyn

• Followers of Aeridin
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 05:18:00 am »
    I hope you feel better as well but do not worry too much about the surgery. Though i'm not sure the extent of your injury, my brother back in his college days had the same problem from playing soccer at Delta State University. He had the surgery and recovered fine finishing his junior and senior year on the soccer field, continuing with his ROTC, and still serves as an officer in the Air Force today (16 years later).

Though the intent of my story is to tell you all will be well either way .... I have to add that I come from a family who has served in the Navy for three generations. I even had the privilege of serving on the USS Fulton before it decomissioned in '91 which was the ship my grandfather served on. My brother joining the Air Force ...lets just say he gets a big ear full everytime he can bring his family home for the holidays ;)

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 05:34:00 am »
    Yowie!  Good to hear from you.  Take care of that back...it's the only one you get.  Rest up, get better, come back when you can.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 05:58:00 am »
    It's great to hear from you, get well soon and let us all hear Bama's vacation stories. ;)

freemen2

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 08:16:00 am »
    Hope ye manage to get beyond this, in the way that you want :)
    Oh by the way: work yer abs and stretching, so yoga is pretty good ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 08:36:00 am »
    Hi Trace.  Good luck with your back man, that is quite painful.

anything