The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I know I am not the only one  (Read 283 times)

Grid Blader

I know I am not the only one
« on: September 28, 2006, 05:27:29 pm »
When childeren have something to sell, they dont sell to there parents first.  They run to my house.  I guess it is the big sign that reads "sucker lives here".  I have bought more then my fair share.  I can not be the only one out there?  Can I?  Tell me what the kids get you to buy?  I am a sucker for the raffles.

LynnJuniper

Re: I know I am not the only one
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:35:32 pm »
That ...py gift wrapping paper? Then again, Im only one year out of the one doing the selling. Yes we got them in highschool. Yes those big solid chocolate things were yummy at easter

Zelda1

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:39:19 pm »
I'm a sucker for candy. A kid comes trying to sell candy and I buy those yummy turtle thingys every time. I LOVE those things.. soooo.. chocolatey.... good. Yum.

Rowana

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:40:55 pm »
Those college kids wanting the trip to cancoon, and can't i please buy the kids magazine subscription and donate it to local charity x... 5,6,7 times a year.

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 01:48:53 am »
Way back in the days of high school marching band we went from door to door selling Beef and Cheese.  Yeap.  Like, smoked sausage and novelty cheeses and the sort.  And believe it or not, I was a pretty cute kid (I know, I dunno what happaned either ;)  ) with dimples to boot, so I could flash those bad boys, and sure enough, I'd be amongst the top sellers.

I suggest installing a moat with crocodiles.  Keeps not only the sales-people away, but also evangelists, mailmen, and those crocodiles will make quick work of the neighbors' dog that keeps doing its' business in your yard.

DMOE

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 01:54:43 am »
Maybe I'm strange or something but the only kids I find cute are my own.
  I have absolutly no problem informing the little angels to take a hike, polietly of course.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 03:27:47 am »
Nuzatch - 9/29/2006  2:48 AM

I suggest installing a moat with crocodiles.  Keeps not only the sales-people away, but also evangelists, mailmen, and those crocodiles will make quick work of the neighbors' dog that keeps doing its' business in your yard.

Not to mention the mormons, jehovahs witness' AND anyone trying to serve you with a subpoena!

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 08:43:07 am »
Lol, PM me for a funny Jhovah's witness story... it's not quite forum appropriate, but yeah.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 09:04:07 am »
Hehehe Once I tied my dog to the railing and put fake blood on him when a mormon knocked at my door....>_> Ill stop before I go too far into detail.

Force_of_Will_

RE: I know I am not the only one
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 09:17:12 am »

Those two dollar candy bars.

Deacon

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:02:22 am »
I don't buy from the kids.  I don't have cash.

Stug3

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 11:06:48 am »
CANDY BARS!!!!

crazedgoblin

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 11:16:52 am »
Release the hounds!!!!

jan

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 02:56:19 pm »
I'm a sucker for those raffle tickets ...still wonder were i was suppost to look if i won anything ....maybe a good idear to ask next time i buy the things  :D

fighting_cheese

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »
    I'm a sucker for the little kids though theyre usually up to something *sighs*

deagle

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »
    Keep the kids away...I can't seem to ever say no. I spend a small fortune just with my nieces...oh then you get those girl scout cookies...yikes.

I guess I remember when I was a kid selling toffee covered peanuts to earn my way to camp...ugh.

Now adays, I wonder what they are selling for?

anything