The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: King Kong!! Er...  (Read 108 times)

Vyris

King Kong!! Er...
« on: January 14, 2006, 09:28:00 am »
Alright, maybe the exclaimation points were a bit more enthusiasm than I actually feel.

It does have the best WWF style giant ape on dinosaur smackdown scenes I've ever seen.

But I have definately seen enough of Jack Black to last me a good, long while. The movie is about 3 hours long, and thats just too much of him.

Vyris

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: King Kong!! Er...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 10:55:00 am »
LOL aw come on! Jack Black is the BEST young, overweight, male, never will be a sex symbol, actor there is!

So how can anyone get too much of that he has more that enugh to go around hehe.

3 Hrs. huh guess I'll wait for DVD. The wife dosen't like long movies and the boys don't think it's cool to go with dad even if I pay. Guess they are growing up. :(

Nyralotep

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 11:03:00 am »
Yeah I share your sentiments.  3 hours in a theater is a bit much.  However Hoodwinked looks good and might get my money.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 11:25:00 am »
Watched the movie yesterday and well... It's nice, though 3 hours is indeed a lot. :o

NEXUS7

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 02:51:00 am »
Im off to see
Memoirs of a Geisha
Others have said its just a grate film (not a chick flick)

Underworld 2 (looks OK)

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:40:00 am »
I'm sorry the fight sccenes were great and all... but iwas boring dragged out and rather pointless.. I mean there were parts that were Way to far dragged out... like the part with the guys fighting the giant bugs in that pit... Far longer than it took... I mean 10 mintues into it I got it was a desprate battle and they were losing but then ten more I was finding ways to distract my self like playing games on my cell phone or walking out and getting a snack only to come back to one guy killing crickets off his buddy....

Come on!

Shadowblade225

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »
I think Jack Black's alright when he's cast in certain roles, but I've never had any desire to see this movie - it just looked like your usual special effects extravaganza and not a movie I'd care to see Black in.

miltonyorkcastle

Re: King Kong!! Er...
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 01:42:07 pm »
First of all, did you expect any less than three hours from Peter Jackson?  I mean, he's currently the king of Epic.

Honestly, I dig Jack Black, and I loved the movie.  But then again, three hours, four hours, ten hours in a theatre, or watching any flick/stage production that gets my interest doesn't bother me at all.  And I have a lot of interests ;-) ......  I thought Jack Black did a superb job with the role, and I have the priveledge to say that I can submit such an assessment as one who's studied the Art of acting, as well as theatre in general.  So there.  =P

Glassman

• View Profile
    Re: King Kong!! Er...
    « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 01:56:05 pm »
    Actually, by the time the movie finally got to New York, and since I already know how it ends I had lost enough intrest that I stopped watching the movie, and was having more fun watching the kids in the row infront of me pelting the kids three rows in front of them with popcorn.