The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Lag and unwitting drag?  (Read 129 times)

Kirbiana

Lag and unwitting drag?
« on: June 03, 2008, 06:55:51 am »
I wanted to apologize (profusely!) to the community for dragging a skunk from the Dapplegreen path into Stormcrest. I was kindly informed in a tell several minutes afterwards that this rabid animal caused the paperboy to suffer a gruesome death. I don't know if he'll respawn before a server reset, so if anyone misses out on a copy of the Dragon's Whisper, now you know who's to blame.

On my computer screen, I never left the Dapplegreen path, never saw a skunk (much less saw it follow me) and never heard any battle music as I went through Stormcrest, where I even paused for a moment because there were folks near the path. It was unusually busy last evening (EDT) and I'm wondering if lag could have been the reason both for me attracting the skunk's attention and also for never seeing it on my screen?

In any case, I promise to take the ship to Fort Vehl from now on, whether it's a busy night or not.  My mortified Aeridinite cleric won't be able to look that poor paperboy in the face ever again.

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

anything