The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layo to Single Player  (Read 200 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

Layo to Single Player
« on: February 22, 2006, 02:37:26 am »
I just tried playing Pyyran in Single Player... Turns out he has enough XP for a 22nd level character by the normal NWN rules.

Gods, but that would be stupid, having all these hugely epic characters running around Layo after a few months of playing.

Thank you for the alternate XP charts. That's all I can really say.

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Layo to Single Player
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:44:28 am »
*chuckles*  As a point of fact, if everyone becomes "epic,"  it ceases to be "epic."  If you know what I mean.

Vilanos

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 06:29:41 am »
can the altered xp charter been seen anywhere...it seems it just doubles up each time

SuperMunch

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 06:39:08 am »
Here ya go...
Layonara Experience Table.

By the way, Lore rocks.

errk

• View Profile
    RE: Layo to Single Player
    « Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 07:27:55 am »
    This has probably been answered before, but why was this changed to have the 'humps'?

I mean, the lvl 8 hurdle..  seems that one can get to lvl 8 fairly easy (with the ingame quests and such) but the climb to lvl 10 is fairly steep.  And then its straigt to level 14..  with another large jump. well, you get the picture..
    Why was the more linear XP chart changed? (I do realize that the xp req. where higher before..so I'm not complaining.. :)

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:46:30 am »
    Well, i did supin: shes level 28, and I must say she can kick some major butt!!!
    but, I forgot how to do the hotkeys.... UGH!  someone wanna remind me?  or do I have to look it up?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 08:00:08 am »
    I'd like to offer an answer, Errk, but my answer would mostly be speculation since I'm not the one who designed the current XP chart.

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 08:06:59 am »
    People need to spread out more. West is intended to be for levels 1-8 (or 9-10ish) and central is for the mid levels. Sadly though most players continue to stay close to 'home' (hlint) and thusly as their characters level they in turn gain less xp from the creatures that are now easier. If players spread out more, as well as visited central more, they would find leveling much quicker.  And yes, this has been explained multiple times. :)

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
      • Followers of Mist
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 08:19:44 am »
    Like you said, if more people moved there then there'd be a population there to do party's with, but when that happens its usually based out of west....and never in pst >.

Milo

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 08:41:40 am »
    One of the problem with telling high level people to totally move to Central is that in the process of becoming 18 or 20 level, the characters ususally aquired enough money to buy estate or established organization of some sort on Mistone or Rilara.  If you had a house for say, 10 years (in-game), would a character be eager to sell the house he/she worked so hard on?

We are seeing improvements though.  People's hanging out on Central more these days.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 08:54:22 am »
    Hey, now, Eloyn, you need to hang on Central more often yourself, then.  There is almost always a good sized party or two running around on little missions from about 3pm PST to 9PM PST.  Good sized being 4-6 folks.

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
      • Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    RE: Layo to Single Player
    « Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 09:15:48 am »
    I just have one question.

If the mid-levels should be on central then why does it seem that most quests are run on west even with level min's ?

Leanthar

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 09:17:52 am »
    Because that is where most people hang out. We do try to start quests on central but those tend to be less well attended. Then we get input from players asking why we don't run them on west instead of central. catch 22.. :)

And zen... you already knew that answer.

SuperMunch

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 09:20:09 am »
    Is there a place for bards whose motto is "Run away, run away"?

This is off topic in this thread so I'll start a new one after updating my character's development thread, but why is it that I'm one of the very few bards that's obviously a bard?

I'm sure the comical-coward approach isn't new but you hear me talk for a few seconds you actually know I'm a bard, no need to guess.  I spend more time typing than adventuring, which is fine when people play off of it, which isn't that comon.

Last night's funniest moments, at least for me, were (all in about 6 hours, that's a lot of silliness per cubic minute):
    - Theory of the origin of undead (it was limping!)
    - Bears (...that swim as fast as sharks chasing me to Port Hampshire)
    - "Is it room clear?  Good!  I fear no dead ogres!"
    - "Bardic taxes" (Let's see, 266 gold each, minus bardic taxes... 10 gold each!)
    - "Ash really hates me"
    - "I'm afraid of everything"
    - HHGTTG's quote at the apropriate moment
    - "Ladies first, cowards next and bards last"

I gotta post the logs somewhere, I'm sure someone else will find them worth their two minutes.

Wait, this is REALLY off topic, I'll stop now but before I do, let me tell you guys something.  I REALLY like Layonara through Freldo, he's actually turning out better than my PnP Freldo, mostly beause my friends don't really act off of him but in Layonara, most do.

Acacea

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 09:24:08 am »
    Acacea's XP is about 95% quests because when she's not on one, she's probably just hanging around town chatting people up like a ...creepy halfling bum.

An edit though, just to add that not all bards are going to be walking mouths on speed or something.

lonnarin

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 09:24:49 pm »
    For all of the ease of the West server for lvls 8-10, there are STILL spots on West I still haven't explored w/ Bjorn, and I've been here for almost 2 years now.  Leanthar and crew really outdid themselves here, thanks guys!

Such an amazing world! :)

P.S>  Acacea rules.  I'll vouch for that, she's either in full RP town lounging mode or on a quest.  I NEVER see her out randomly hunting things for xp.  Of course that might be my fault, I think Bjorn got her killed a couple times around lvl 10ish. ;)