The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara Nintendo DS Gamers League  (Read 217 times)

Eight-Bit

Layonara Nintendo DS Gamers League
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:42:54 pm »
I think that since there seems to be a few DS owners here that we ought to work out something for eachother. Certain online games have friends codes you can enter, so that if a friend is currently on WiFi playing, they will show up and you can play together. Hooray togetherness. Don't you just feel all that happy happy joy joy thinking about it? I mean, now you can say something like, "Wow. That Eight-Bit sure sucks at Metroid. I shall shun him forever. Muha!" Or, even better, anything! Who cares, to be perfectly honest. I'm in an argument with myself about the point of this, because there is none, and now that I am satisfied, I think we can continue.
  It could be fun. I think it is a fun idea. So, for the sake of things here is my Metroid friend code. I plan on buying mario cart next. I also have a Final Fantasy 3 code for you all, which I will post in a few Metroid games. I need that second star, so I can stop getting all of the people who are terrible at the game. (Ego trip, right?) Before we continue, and to save you some time, you need to have a Wi-Fi connection. This comes fromfour things, a wireless router, a wifi usb connector (look here - http://ds.ign.com/articles/665/665128p1.html), or being at a McDonalds or Starbucks (whatever public place, gag, that offers wireless connections - sometimes they make you pay to use them!), or just piggy-backing on someone who has a wireless connection that you know, or whatever, I don't care what you do in your own time. :) )
  Eight-Bit's Metroid Code - (By the way, my name is JumpstarT - isn't the second T so dumb? I love it!)
[INDENT]5111
[/INDENT]
For this to function, and be of any use, you have to first enter it into your DS. Both parties must enter eachother's number. In other words, I have to have your code as well to be made a friend in the game. If you do not post your friend code here as well, then it is pointless to enter mine.
To access your friend code, and to enter my own, you have to follow a simple progression in the menu, which is as follows:
Multiplayer Mode -> Nintendo Wi-Fi connection -> Edit Friends and Rivals -> Add Friend (it's a + symbol)
And the information will be displayed, your code and a place to enter someone else's. I hope to shoot, and get shot at by some of you soon.

Ioskeha

RE: Layonara Nintendo DS Gamers League
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 03:10:32 pm »
I think this is a great idea, but I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before I can add friend codes for my games.

I have to send in my DS Lite for repairs.  Odds are they'll send me a new unit (the protective layer over my top screen came off when I was applying some Hori Screen Protectors) so I'll have all new Friend Codes.

Marswipp

Re: Layonara Nintendo DS Gamers League
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 07:45:43 pm »
Huh? How'd the glass plate fall off the upper screen?
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Ioskeha

Re: Layonara Nintendo DS Gamers League
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 07:44:57 pm »
The DS Lite doesn't use glass.  It uses a thin highly reflective plastic (I think) screen protector that goes over the LCD screen (which is plastic also).  Mine wasn't properly sealed and came off when I was removing the Hori screen protectors I bought.

After a few days it resealed itself, but I have 4 bubbles with dust in them. So I'm still sending in mine for repair.

anything