The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Leaving Layonara  (Read 1466 times)

Varka

Leaving Layonara
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:33:49 am »
Hello people

As the title says, I am leaving Layonara. The reasons. Well where to begin and end.  
One of the major reason are I have got a new job and it is awesome. It is what I have been dreaming about for so long and now I finally have it. I got the contract and 1. of March I will begin.
It will be great but I will have to work hard and I am willing to do so but that has consequences. I have therefore decided to stop playing Layonara (among other things).

I would like to thank everyone that I have played with the last few years, the team, GM and Leanthar. It has been great.

A special thank goes to Dezza who ran my cdqs and to Milton for helping me with the biography of Varka (see halls of Heroes).

And a special thank goes to the group attending on my last cdq.

I wish everyone in here the best and keep the RP high on Layonara. Layonara is about the RP and there is no other online game that can match it.  

Cheers,
Thomas

The following users thanked this post: Dezza, lonnarin, stragen

Grid Blader

Re: Leaving Layonara
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:40:35 am »
Well my friend I am going to miss you.  It has been an honor to RP and play Layo with you.  I will miss Varka, and thank you for all your help with Q.  Good luck with your new job.  I wish you the best.  May your job be every thing you wanted and more.  

Grid Blader

Spike

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:46:38 am »
Real life always comes first I guess, I know that you will be missed.
Good luck in your new job!

scifibarbie

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:48:09 am »
Your really gonna be missed alot around here.

But dont you worry, grenna will be more than happy to keep the ragers nice and insane.

Good luck with everything and thanks for everything youve done! :D

Masterjack

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 08:49:10 am »
It has been an honor and a privilege to RP with you. I'll miss Varka immensely. Good luck with your new job.

Masterjack

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 08:50:26 am »
AWWWW. Man. *sigh* You better come back when things settle down..... or else I might just have to turn Varka into an NPC. ;) The Warlord ain't getting out of his duties that easily.

Black Cat

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 08:50:30 am »
I'll miss you. Thanks for all the fun we had.. and all the best for your future.

Blackguy

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 08:51:46 am »
Good luck outthere, and have fun!

s0ulz

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 08:59:56 am »
Good Luck man, maybe some day we'll see you back.

EdTheKet

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 09:05:39 am »
Congratulations on getting your dream job! (Curious what it is :)

Good luck!

DMOE

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 09:08:26 am »
Congratulations and the best of luck!

Ireth is gonna miss that little loin clothed dwarf ;)

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 09:17:18 am »
Sad to see you go, man, but you know that already. Thank you for the work you put into your characters and your RP and good luck on your plans and everything else.

You've left your mark on the world and Varka will be remembered. If one has to leave, at least leave with a 'BANG'. Varka did that. ;)

Honora

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 09:24:39 am »
Good luck!  Pursue that job to the utmost, and do let us know what it is!

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 09:44:16 am »
Good luck out there, you'll be missed :)

akata

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 09:52:56 am »
congratulations and best of luck with the job :) Varka will be missed and so will you

Tobias

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 10:11:23 am »
Congrats bud!

Best of luck and I will miss the dwarf and skirt as well even if Toby will be glad he won't have to be blinded anymore when there is a sudden gust of wind!

I hope you can make it back someday!

Dorganath

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:17 am »
Congratulations and farewell.  Good luck with the new job and all.

Pibemanden

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 10:22:43 am »
Best of luck out there and congratulations on the job... Both you and Varka will be missed, Storold will surely spread the word to comming generations about the dwarf without pants :)

Leanthar

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 10:25:58 am »
Take care and I hope to see you back when (and if) you can make it back. RL comes first and I am glad to see you have your priorities straight.

Mastiff of Liv

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 10:28:06 am »
Congratulations Thomas.  It is hard to find, and then keep, that dream job.  It is always difficult to find something you actually like to do.  I hope you get out of it as much as you put in.

Durgen always enjoyed his adventures with Varka.  He will be missed.  Too bad our time zones were so different; I wished we would have had more opportunities.  Although I am still trying to catch up on my sleep from waking at 4AM on a Sunday morning to rebuild Bloody Gate.

My best to you.