The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Meet your Maker Quest **READ**  (Read 64 times)

Vyris

Meet your Maker Quest **READ**
« on: July 10, 2005, 07:42:00 pm »
Following a recent discussion with other GM's I have diceided to follow Dorganath's lead, and enforce my party limit of 15 on my "Meet your maker" series.

There were 22 people along last time, and it got hectic, chaotic, confusing and ultimately I have to say that I could have done a better job with less people. I feel that the level of interaction and immersion I personally strive for was lacking in the last installment, and while I recieved many nice compliments it was not up to my high standards for myself.

There are 27 people signed up for the second installment of the the quest series on thursday, and I would ask that people honestly consider whether you wish to participate or not. This series is intended to bring together new and old players and forge some RP common ground between them, and as such I do not wish to exclude anyone from participating.

On the other hand, as I have already stated, the last session was not as good as is should have been, primaraly because it's nearly impossibly to have 20+ players and keep on top of skill rolls, RP, who's scouting, who's guarding, who's in the group, who's by themselves, tells from players stating thier characters actions, etc, etc.

I know there are folks who signed up that are dubious as to whether they are going to be there. If thats you, please resign your spot.
I know there are folks who were not present for either the prequel or the first installment, if thats you, please resign your spot.
This far into the quest there are key players who have been chosen (Believe it or not at random by my 6 year old son) to be marked by the main antogonist of the series. Those people need to be there. There are also other people who's RP has led them to have important roles withing the party. I will PM those people as well and request they be there. Amazingly enough that leaves me with 5 slots left in my 15 slot cap. If it comes to be quest time and there are more than 15 people I will have players roll a d20 on thier dice bag, and the low roll will be asked to sit out untill I have a party of 15.

I hate to put myself in a situation where some might consider me unfair, or playing favorites, but I have to trust my judgement on what I can realistically handle and ensure that everyone involved has a quality quest experience, myself included.

Thank you for understanding, and I hope to see everyone participating in quests, but please, respect the party limit if one is posted.

Vyris