Author Topic: Nwn 2  (Read 671 times)

Vyris

RE: Nwn 2
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 12:16:00 pm »
Rasterick - 12/20/2005  12:13 PM

Vyris - 12/20/2005  6:54 PM

orth - 12/20/2005  11:03 AM

*giggles*

And yet again, I'm suspicious that Orth is getting some guilty glee out of some secret knowledge!

*shakes his fist impudently* Why oh why must you mock us with your omniscience!

*chuckles*

Vyris

If I knew what that word meant, I'd agree with you..  :o

@Rasterick - From wikipedia.
Omniscience is the capacity to know everything, or at least everything that can be known about a character/s including thoughts, feelings, etc. In monotheism, this ability is typically attributed to God. It is typically contrasted with omnipotence. Omniscience is sometimes understood to also imply the capacity to know everything that will be.

Vyris

lonnarin

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
Dorganath - 12/20/2005  11:46 AM    orth already has control of the world. :)
  *giggles*
 Ah, the beauty of Reagan's Star Wars Project... so easily accessable via bunker in Canada, and so much like a Death Star!  Now if he could only take over the MTV satellites to blast some Sly and the Family Stone...

regnus

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Dorganath - 12/20/2005  2:46 PM    orth already has control of the world. :)
  *giggles*
 I think it is pretty clear from the giggling that you must be in on it with Orth.  Hand over the goofballs and no one gets hurt.

Vyris

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
I would like to honestly and humble appologize for starting the shameless string of posts that ended up hijacking this thread...

with that being said!

Avast ye! Hand over yer topics and nobuddy needs te get 'urt!

Aye! All yer threads, they be belongin te me now!

HAR!

Vyris

Andrios

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 01:19:00 pm »
*goes looking for Doc's medicine*  Where did we put that?   We need extra doses today.

OneST8

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
After reading these responses so far... I'd like to just state one simple thing...

*let's loose a rather loud and obnoxiously maniacal "I'm going to take over the world!" kind of laugh*

heh.

Ne'er

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
Back on topic (heh, sorry guys) if Layo gets converted, I'll definately get it. If not, I may get it anyway, but just not play it as much. However, any help needed to convert it, I'll be glad to jump on board!

Red Monkey

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
*Pulls out a large hatpin*
  Hmmm the only things compatible between the two games will be scripts and dialouge....
  This would require a rather complete rebuild.....card updates in players systems....*continues to count small details*...the server upgrade alone...hmmm
  I like a good maniacal laugh by a GM as much as the next person...but I think thier bluffing
  *POP*

OneST8

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »
but I think thier bluffing

Haha... hahahahahahaha.... muhahahahahahhahahahahahah!

There is so little that has been leaked to the general Layonara community... hehe... hehehehehe.... muhahahahahahahahaha!

ha!

*coughs as he chokes on the last "ha!"*

heh err yeah... *ducks out of the room quickly*

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
STOP what about our Mac and Linix users?

*goes to cry*

I've had this mac for 2 years no antivirus no firewall no viruses

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
Vyris - 12/20/2005  11:54 AM

orth - 12/20/2005  11:03 AM

*giggles*

And yet again, I'm suspicious that Orth is getting some guilty glee out of some secret knowledge!

*shakes his fist impudently* Why oh why must you mock us with your omniscience!

*chuckles*

Vyris

You obviously need to check out the dev boards on NWN2... you will cackle with glee at the possibilities.

Backwards compatible?.. not so far as I know..

Just the weather and terrain effects made me have to change my shorts.

The sheer customizability of the monsters, items, terrain, scripts, ectetra is mind boggeling

I think you will be pleasantly thrilled by what Orth is giggling over.

Even things like scripting are taken to whole new level of cool.

Vyris

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
Zen - 12/20/2005  4:49 PM

STOP what about our Mac and Linix users?

*goes to cry*

I've had this mac for 2 years no antivirus no firewall no viruses

See, not even the hackers bother making software for macintoss.

*giggles and runs away*

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
Don't be so quick to pop the bubble. I know other people who have invested an incredible amount of time in their own servers and are already making plans with the Developers info for NWN2.

There is a ton of info out there and the more I read the more I believe a transition to NWN2 is more and more possible, not to mention excitingly feasable. You will find that NWN2's system will use reasources MUCH more effiently... allowing for MORE areas, monsters, diversification, modding, and others. With the ability to "generate" completely unique terrains with individualy distinct trees from a single tree build is only a breath of the abilities of this new world creator. NWN2 is going to be the DM's friend and the players dream.

For our players, look forward to fully customizable faces... from eyes to hair color to builds.... cothing rendering has been completely redone A'la World of Warcraft. No longer shall we suffer the dangly cloth sheet! We also get access to the complete range of playable races as well as a new base class... the "Warlock"... reputed to have the power to cast magic as an ability... no preperation and no limit to number of uses... however he gains his power even slower than the sorcerer.

Developers will love the Creature generator, the terrain generator, the complete removal of "tile" sets allows for the creation of truely UNIQUE areas!.. monster generators will provide monsters of varition... from armor, color, size, and features. *possible* dynamic scaling of creatures. Ambient wind, rain, weather generators the produce natural transitions from sunny day to wispy clouds, overcast, rainy, even full on storms and a full range of environmental effects with the terrain responding in proper fashion. *possible* gales, flooding, ect.

The more I read, the more I think that a switch to NWN2 is possible. Also I think the Dev team has access to information I do not. And with my friend already keeping secret plans for *his* server, I am more inclined to think that there is some Dev information out there that Bioware may have made available to the upper ranking player worlds.

Just my thoughts

I expect to see a statue of Weston Pendrot in Layo2

Red Monkey

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »
Conspiracy!!!
  They have Doc talking straight....you know I'm right...
  Not of the body!

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
*Ahem*

"I expect to see a statue of Weston Pendrot in Layo2"

Filatus

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
Doc-Holiday - 12/21/2005  1:30 AM

*Ahem*

"I expect to see a statue of Weston Pendrot in Layo2"

Click on the statue and you'll roll 1d20. Roll a critical failure and you'll get a nice treat. :)

GhostWhoWalks

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2005, 06:00:00 pm »
To my knowledge there isn't or wasn't going to be a Linux version of NWN2. Go petition them to make it Linux compliant.

Gulnyr

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2005, 06:30:00 pm »
Omniscience = omni (from Latin omnia, all) + science (from Latin scientia, knowledge)

Of course, it isn't pronounced "omni science," but "om-NISH-ens."

Language is fun.

And on topic, I don't ever think about NwN2.

OneST8

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »
Considering that most view me as a Linux zealot of sorts you can rest assured that it grates against my skin like the worlds largest cheese grater.... _however_ nowhere that I've found have "they" said there will _never_ be MAC or Linux ports. They will support Linux servers which is a good indicator of a future potentiality.

Overall though, I'm expecting to have to jerry-rig things using cedega or the likes of nwwinex to get things going in Linux. Being that OSX is based on FreeBSD I would also expect to be able to do whatever we can on Linux in OSX as well though admittedly it will take more effort to get running.

There is hope.

OneST8

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2005, 09:45:00 pm »
ok, I have to admit that was funny with the exception of the abuse of the word "hackers".

Please... pretty pretty please (and this is a message to everyone, not just Vyris) STOP SAYING HACKERS WHEN YOU SHOULD BE SAYING CRACKERS!

Sorry for this interruption in your regularly scheduled forum thread.