The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Patch 1.68  (Read 643 times)

Acacea

Patch 1.68
« on: August 29, 2006, 02:41:44 pm »
Is out! You can check out the patch details here, but don't update until it's announced here, otherwise you will not be able to play on Layo's servers.

If you have updated, don't freak or anything, just revert to 1.67.

crazedgoblin

RE: Patch 1.68
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:15:43 pm »
visable cloaks on the orginal campaign here i come!

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.68
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 03:33:39 pm »
Are there any screenies of them or something? Well otherwise i'll just have to wait till they are implemented on Layo :P

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 03:46:03 pm »
There is an older version of them in Tyrants of the Moonsea, a preview at DLA, and Lisa added more to the Vault.

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 03:46:36 pm »
Thanks Acacea.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »
They look like the ones we already have, hehe.

Thanks for the link :)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 05:25:54 pm »
No they don't, FS. Go take a look at a video of them.

Rowana

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 06:45:58 pm »
Anyone know if there is going to be a way to disable this? One of my character looks horrid with a cape/cloak graphic. Just curious.

~row

Acacea

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 07:17:35 pm »
Not on a per character basis in the actual patch, but I'm sure there are several people with the same problem, or who wear clothes that will have clipping issues, or whose cloaks are just representations of character traits rather than pieces of clothing. And when there are people who need an option, there are usually people who can make them for the lazy or unskilled...or both. :P

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 07:21:36 pm »
If they're customizable, I'm sure a simple null model would do just fine, as long as it didn't make the item itself disappear.

cso683

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 07:59:23 pm »
    Hello all,

I was gone for a while so I was at 1.66, so the only clear way I saw to get to 1.67 was to upgrade to 1.68 then revert.

I am following all the bioware instructions and it does not seem to be working.

I extracted it into the NWN folder, but when the update program runs, it check the internet, says I have 1.68 and am good to go.

Any tricks that anyone knows to get the revert file to work??

Wondering,
    Curtis

Weeblie

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 11:33:40 pm »
    Finally!

Visible cloaks... Woho!

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 01:42:02 am »
    They are not cloaks that appear when you put on a cloak item. They are a part of your armor/clothing just as any other customization.

You can see the new cloaks/robes/capes/jackets/tabbards that (I think) are all included in 1.68 in Darkness over Daggerford

You can see the tabbards in the first screenshot.

The reason this is big news is that default NWN until now has not had ANY visible cloaks or capes. The cloak/cape/backpack neck model customizations that we all take for granted now (seems like every PW has them to at least some extent) are custom content.

The mod is definitely worth playing too. I've been playing it while I'm at work and don't have internet access (i have a job that doesn't really require me to do much this semeseter.)

edit: need to enable html for html to work. seems logical enough.

Weeblie

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 01:43:39 am »
    Ah... *looks disappointed*

Fake cloaks... Pfft...

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 02:39:08 am »
    They're nice. You won't be dissapointed.

Wraithdur

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 03:26:01 am »
    is there any other change, or is all of this about cloaks?

Diablo_68

• View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 04:07:03 am »
      cso683 - 8/30/2006  3:59 AM

Hello all,

I was gone for a while so I was at 1.66, so the only clear way I saw to get to 1.67 was to upgrade to 1.68 then revert.

I am following all the bioware instructions and it does not seem to be working.

I extracted it into the NWN folder, but when the update program runs, it check the internet, says I have 1.68 and am good to go.

Any tricks that anyone knows to get the revert file to work??

Wondering,
      Curtis

Make sure you put the file into the nwn subfolder. (Folder with EXE for NWN) Default should look like this. C:Neverwinternights\\nwn

Also make sure you keep the downloaded file zipped up, the autoupdate program requires it to be zipped.

Acacea

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 06:11:03 am »
      Talan, is there some news regarding them that we aren't aware of? I can't find anywhere that says the basic premise of the cloak system was changed (on, visible, off, not). DoD was 1.67, not the 1.68 beta, and the cloaks and TNO included were slightly earlier versions--after all, the engine changes had not yet been made. I don't think the cloaks could be dyed yet if you played it with the beta in, for instance. Did you actually download it, or just read the patch notes?

DLA 7/29/06
      The upshot is that the 1.68 beta contains most of our cloaks and - above all - the new cloak system itself.

The changes to the engine are rather simple to observe:

In a nutshell, put a cloak icon in the cloak slot on the paper doll in NWN. *POOF* your character will be wearing a cloak. Take the icon out of the slot - the cloak comes off.

You can check out the bioware forums too, if you feel like digging through the whines and praises.

They are not the CEP cloaks that use neck or robe slots and are not animated, they're new and use "the cloak slot," at least to all ears until said otherwise here. You can dye them with the dye kits as you can any other piece of armor, and there will probably be other versions released as time goes by, heh.

As for the mod, its got a lot of neat things for playing, yeah, it just needs its small bug-legion exterminated. And since there is supposed to have been an updated submitted, some of the more obvious and annoying ones are probably squashed.

Filatus

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 06:51:01 am »
      Wraithdur - 8/30/2006  12:26 PM

is there any other change, or is all of this about cloaks?

They also nerfed the spell Sleep. *sighs*

cso683

• View Profile
        « Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 05:17:31 pm »
        Diablo 68,

Thanks, that was the key, keeping it zipped in the right folder.

Thanks,
        Curtis