The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Persistent Chest?  (Read 159 times)

LordCove

Persistent Chest?
« on: April 07, 2006, 02:41:54 am »
Hi,

Iam just checking. I understand you can place anything in a persis chest, and when you return, it should still be there? Right.

Just a placed some hickory and Half-plate in, and now its gone.

Is there any 'unless' circumstances.
IE. Other Adventurers can take them?

Thanks

IceDragonDuvessa

Re: Persistent Chest?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 03:06:39 am »
You are understanding correctly.

Was it the chest in the bank or a chest in a PC home. You are the only one that can access your bank stuff but others can open chests in homes and have access to whats inside.

If you are missing something please read this post from the grievance forum.

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=19395&posts=1&start=1

aragwen

RE: Persistent Chest?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 03:20:19 am »
- Also make sure the chest is closed once you placed your items inside, cause closing it saves it to the database.
  - Items stored in the chest on each server will only be available on that server. In other words items placed in a chest on West will not be available on the chests on Central.

crazedgoblin

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 03:55:39 am »
i saw an open persistant chest in Hlint the other day did you log off while it was open?

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 05:59:25 am »
Ahh, yes I did leave it open.
Stupid of me.

My thanks.
I have no grievance over this, tis my own fault.

Many thanks.

ttdavet

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 06:31:57 am »
    I had the server go down while I was using the persistent chest.  When the server came back up the chest was empty.  I would have reported it but after making a list of the things I remember were in it I relaized that I wouldn't miss any of the stuff and this way I didn't have to clean out my chest.  I kinda wish the same thing would happen to my "junk"  drawer at home.

Nyralotep

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 10:27:19 am »
    If a chest does not close, empty it until the server resets unless you bought the chest, then you can empty it, destroy it and place it again.

anything