The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Power builds.  (Read 1654 times)

hawklen

Re: Power builds.
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006, 02:20:04 pm »
*agrees with Drizzy's post*

*holds up a sign that says Power gamers are people too! and sings protest songs*

"kuuuumbiaaaah me lord! kuuummmbeeeaaah! Heck no we wont go! Power gamers are people too!"

*walks back and forth, stopping people entering the thread and handing them protest flyers*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006, 03:17:48 pm »
Powergamers, people too? No they're not! ;)

"How do you kill that which has no life?"

(Yeah, I think this thread's outlived itself.)

Chongo

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006, 03:34:07 pm »
There's a max capacity of 20 dollars on the two cents rule.

Doesn't everyone know this?

jrizz

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 04:46:58 pm »
die thread die, chops at it with a dagger

ZeroVega

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006, 05:15:05 pm »
Does everyone like how the thread totally tears its self apart after my post? (It's a skill I've been perfecting in the "off season.")

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2006, 12:53:53 am »
Chnmmr - 12/13/2006  8:18 PM

Well thats unfortunate... you pick a class you should rp it.  If you play a cleric then don't rp the faith, you are not a cleric but a fighter with spells.

I dissagree to an extent.  It's all a matter of how you role play the faith.  Just because a cleric doesn't go around babbling about his or her diety everywhere he or she goes does not mean that he or she is not devout.  And that includes integrating their diety into their war cries.  Take my cleric Minugi for example.  He is a devout cleric of Lucinda.  Wears robes everywhere, even though the blue clashes with his green eyes, ;) he uses a quarterstaff as much as possible, and he even "wears" a necklace bearing Lucinda's symbol around his neck.  However, you will never hear him utter a peep about The Lady of Magic.  Why?  He can't speak.  He's a born mute.  I'm not being accusitory with this, but observe the character's actions, dress, weapons, etc. before you say they do not role play their faith, because they may have a legitmate reason why.  To me, seeing the character's faith integrated into the afformentioned attributes is more interesting and a more tell-tale sign of a devout than speaking about your diety constantly.  A phrase comes to mind, something about Talking the Talk, but not Walking the Walk.  :)

Vyris

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2006, 06:12:35 am »
Drags this thread down by the stream, and shoots it in the head...

*walks away mumbling, "Now if it will just STAY dead."

Vyris

hawklen

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2006, 01:08:08 pm »
*walks up to the massively wounded thread, then proceds to beat it to death with his protest sign*

Vyris

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2006, 01:41:49 pm »
*Sees Hawklen down by the creek, stops by the barn on the way down and grabs a couple axe handles, upon arrival handing one over. "Theres nothing like a good piece of hickory."

Vyris

hawklen

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2006, 03:43:02 pm »
*grins at Vyris and they continue to beat the thread in sync, worthy of an olympic event*

LordCove

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2006, 05:19:33 am »
*loads his powerbuilder slaying arrows and starts  shooting Hawk and Vyris in the butt*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2006, 08:48:40 am »
*Sighs at the still-living nature of the thread, and casts Evard's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion. And then promptly gets WELL OUT of the spell radius.*

hawklen

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2006, 10:43:07 am »
Alright, who keeps casting raise on this thread? *casts banishment and hopes it doesnt come back*