The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: RDD question  (Read 101 times)

mikligardr

• View Profile
    RDD question
    « on: July 15, 2006, 06:25:04 pm »
    i'm not exactly new to the server, but new in this incarnation (returning after a long hiatus), i was curious about RDD and the proper way to RP and submit a character for approval.

after reading through the History section and also the Classes section of LORE, my question would be:

is there a difficulty in RPing the dragon blood, since dragons were nearly all destroyed by Sinthar, and the Dragon Gods were driven out at the start of the Second Age?

could a bio indicate that the PC has dragon blood dating back beyond the start of the Second Age, to the time of the Dragon Wars (and subsequent Race Wars)?   a quote from the History section makes me think it would be possible, since: "...This all came about because all creatures believed in the cause of a particular type of Dragon and they fought for what they thought was right..."   if some races apparently 'took up the banner' of a Dragon from time to time, this makes me think that dragon blood could then have perhaps entered a lineage of a particular race (thus allowing a PC to trace his blood lineage back to the First Age perhaps).

any opinions on the merits of this RP would be appreciated.   anyone else RP an RDD character?  how have you done it thus far?

thanks!

Dorganath

RE: RDD question
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:31:05 pm »
    RDD is very, very restricted.  One does not submit for an RDD character at creation.  The only way to become an RDD is through a very difficult quest at or after level 20.  
      At present time, there is only one approved (though not yet leveled) RDD on this server.
      Claims of dragon blood in one's bio probably will not go over well for the submission process, as dragons are extremely rare on Layonara as a direct result of two Dragon Wars and the extermination campaign of the late Sinthar Bloodstone. Having dragon blood going back beyond the wars would be techinically possible, but extremely dilute, and it's likely the character would have no idea of it.
      Leanthar has specific thoughts in mind for RDDs so he could better tell you what kind of submission and RP you would have to maintain in order to achieve this goal.
      As a side note, there's a strong possiblity of a character wipe coming up in the next 6-8 months if we transition to NWN2. As such, attaining the necessary level, RP and time in the world necessary to achieve RDD status is likely not possible.

mikligardr

• View Profile
      RE: RDD question
      « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 06:36:14 pm »

right said, Dorganath....  thanks for the info.

i figured as much, but wanted to see the official response to use as a guideline.  

the timely response is appreciated, cheers!

anything