The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Snow day.  (Read 192 times)

Falreign

Snow day.
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:15:14 am »
I love snow, we don't get much here. Maybe one day a year, maybe, That day is today. Today is a good day.

I love snow. Layonara, do you love snow to? Why or why not?

Jearick Hgar

Re: Snow day.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:40 am »
I love snow. I live in washington, so our weather is alot like yours. but i jsut moved over to the east side for college, and we've had snow covering the ground since early november. very nice change =D.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:52:23 am »
I like snow when it keeps me out of school. Otherwise its in the way. And I dont think colleges close for school days. Ugh.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:20:11 am »
I love snow,but I live In Baltimore and this year we have High temps this winter.
Sometimes I wish I could live in Denver.

lolli_gagged

RE: Snow day.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:48 am »
I like snow when it keeps me out of school. Otherwise its in the way. And I dont think colleges close for school days. Ugh.

My university did, but I live in Michigan where snow sometimes comes by the foot instead of the inche  :(

Jearick Hgar

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:33:53 am »
the campus i live on is so compacted, everythign within a fiv min walk, it'd be rediculous for them to close class cuz of snow. I'm cool with it though. get your done then get your chill on =D. the other day we built a jump in the snow and went off with out snow boards. mondo cool.

*edited for language* Minerva

hawklen

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 11:14:53 am »
*mutters* hate snow...

minerva

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 11:21:33 am »
Jearick Hgar
Please watch your language while posting on the forums. Cussing/Profanity is not allowed on the forums or ingame.

Jearick Hgar

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 11:26:42 am »
gah, sorry i'm usually good about that. thanks for catching the slip. i actually try hard not to sware IRL and IC. just isn't classy *Shrugs* but occasionally i slip.

and how could ANYONE hate snow? i mean sure it's cold and all, but it's the best thign about winter, if you don't liek snow then you must jsut be the most miserable person during winter.

Marswipp

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 07:07:19 pm »
Many people in the metroplex I live in have a problem when there is ice: They cannot drive safely when it is in the streets. (Same goes for when there is heavy rain, and when the oils on the roads create black ice.)
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Carillon

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 07:26:10 pm »
We Vancouverites have been making good use of our umbrellas for warding against snow lately. I don't bother, because the only part of snow I don't like is slush, and that can't be helped with umbrellas. It's still a funny sight to see though!

Chongo

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 08:08:55 pm »
It was -31 yesterday morning.  That's the lung sting when you walk outside.

But it was around 20 at 10,000 feet where I was skiing.  I love inversions.

So all's well in the world.  We just need more snow.