The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Some Clarification Please  (Read 79 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Some Clarification Please
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:32:31 am »
Of late I have come across a number of players that leave things laying about. Carcasses, items, meats, ect., and I wanted to know if this is still a problem that causes lag.  After speaking with a couple of these people I was told that the clean up script will get it.  Is this acceptable with the Team?

And speaking of lag ... alot of folks have been logging on lately causing lag varying from a couple seconds to almost 10 seconds, which could result in a player kill in the right situation.  So a reminder to all that have "heavy" inventories to try and shrink them down a bit.  The older players should already know, and a heads up to the newer players. :)

Chongo

Re: Some Clarification Please
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:20:44 am »
Well, if you pick it up it increases inventory to be loaded on the next screen you move to.  If you leave it there the clean up script grabs it.

I don't believe there are any problems leaving it on the ground as the system was built up to deal with the spawn clean ups.  Now, it is frowned upon to leave your own junk on the ground, though, to the best of my knowledge, clean up will grab that as well.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:51:52 am »
What size of inventory causes that big a lag?  I just ask because I am not sure if any of my PC's are guilty of this sort of behavior.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 12:24:08 pm »
The more items, the greater the lag.  Carrying bags full of gem dusts, for example, produces huge amounts of lag when one logs in.

Pibemanden

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:28:50 pm »
Just one thing, remember that stacked items counts as one item for each in the stack. So having a stack of 10 greenstone dust would lag as much as having 10 aloe leaves/iron fullplates

anything