The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Zombie Polymorph Form gets 10/-?  (Read 539 times)

davidhoff

Zombie Polymorph Form gets 10/-?
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:14:37 pm »
Hello,

I was in Red Lights Goblin cave as Zombie Polymorph form and was only getting 5/- damage resistance, not like the 10/- that lore or wiki says you get.  I also was getting 5/- damage reduction from Ghostly Visage...So, I took the ghostly off thinking there was some kind of a 10 pt cap, and I still only got 5/- damage resistance.  Please explain how this works..

Ps: I'm an 8th level wizard

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler

darkstorme

Re: Zombie Polymorph Form gets 10/-?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:28:07 am »
Regarding Ghostly Visage, bear in mind that you should get no damage reduction from that spell in the Red Lights, since it's 5/+1, and the goblin's weapons overcome the damage reduction.

As for the zombie form, I can't say for certain.  If you had a screenshot or server chat logs for the combat, it might help.  As far as I know, it should absorb the first ten points of damage, provided they weren't using elemental/magical damage of some type.  Again, though, without specifics, couldn't say.

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:57:56 am »
It's possible that there was a reduction in zombie form DR during a previous update which was overlooked in the normal update message. I'll have to look in the module later to see.  If this turns out to be the case, it was likely due to people abusing the form by buffing up with Acid Sheath/Death Armor/Elemental Shield and letting the form soak up damage while monsters sacrificed themselves on the mage's wards while the transformed mage simply stood around.

davidhoff

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:36 pm »
To Darkstorme: No they didn't have any elemental damage on their weapons, and I didn't print out an screenshots, etc.  I'm sure it was only giving me 5/- damage resistance.

To Dorganath: Ok, that's fine, why would someone abuse the form like that (*blushes*)?  I don't think you can get all three elemental shields on at the same time though; but I haven't tried.

I would like to know, when you check the module update, and get a confirmation that it was changed, so I know exactly what amount of damage resistance I'm getting.

Thank you both for your replies

davidhoff

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:12:31 am »
Just an update...I was on Krashin, in zombie form, and a kabold hit me for 7 damage, 5 of which was taken off because of damage resistance and the other 2 points of damage was inflicted on me.  So, looks like Zombie does not get 10/- like lore and wiki claim, and only gets 5/-.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 07:13:45 am »
Confirmed.

Zombie polymorph skin imparts 5 / - DR against Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing damage types

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 09:25:14 am »
LORE updated.

Chazzler

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 03:56:36 am »
Quote from: darkstorme
Regarding Ghostly Visage, bear in mind that you should get no damage reduction from that spell in the Red Lights, since it's 5/+1, and the goblin's weapons overcome the damage reduction.

As for the zombie form, I can't say for certain.  If you had a screenshot or server chat logs for the combat, it might help.  As far as I know, it should absorb the first ten points of damage, provided they weren't using elemental/magical damage of some type.  Again, though, without specifics, couldn't say.

The normal goblins have copper or bronze weapons, while the elites do have iron +1 weapons. No idea what kind of weapons shamans or witchdoctors have. However they do use oak bows, so arrows go through ghostly visage.

lonnarin

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 02:56:16 pm »
Quote from: Chazzler
However they do use oak bows, so arrows go through ghostly visage.

might be with +1 arrows?  I always thought the enhancement bonuses for bows only changed to-hit and not damage reduction, for which enchanted arrows would be needed.

Chazzler

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 03:08:54 pm »
Due to NWN technicalities +1 Attack Bonuns is surpassing +1 damage reductions as much as +1 Enhancement Bonus is.

davidhoff

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 04:47:55 pm »
Thank you all for your replies and for confirming the 5/- damage resist. on zombie form.  He's pretty ugly anyways, and only deserves the lesser resistance.

anything