The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Eurovision Songfestival 2006 winner  (Read 284 times)

silverdraco

Eurovision Songfestival 2006 winner
« on: May 23, 2006, 06:24:54 am »
He everyone,
  Did any of you see the winner of the Eurovision Songfestival 2006?  They are Lordi with the number “Hardrock hallelujah”. The best part of this song is that the dressed up as demons/monsters.  They look great and the song is good to.
  The link below has a video with the song and there preformace on the songfestival.  
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXjzwY08Qfc
  Below is an image with them in there costumes.
  I'm not sure If I can post this kind off stuff in here. But I hope it is in the right place.

IDii

Re: Eurovision Songfestival 2006 winner
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:10:13 am »
Yeah, Finland wins Eurovision with a melodic hard rock song played by a band that dresses up as monsters...

Well it's definitely funny.
*waits for the world to end*

LordCove

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:31:45 am »
Hmmm.....and where was England? As Terry said " Nill pwa "

Varka

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 08:42:23 am »
Congrats to folks from Finland!!!!!!!!!! Are there players from Finland here?

Finally there is some good music on the program there.....too much pop pop and the girls on the show.......no comment ;)

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 09:34:56 am »
IDii - 5/23/2006  7:10 AM

Yeah, Finland wins Eurovision with a melodic hard rock song played by a band that dresses up as monsters...

Well it's definitely funny.
*waits for the world to end*

Hey now, you have Sonata Arctica playing within 40 miles of your house at least once every 2 months, barring extended tours!  I'm certainly jealous, sitting here in the southern US, Orlando FLorida.

At least Front Line Assembly's stopping by Ft Lauderdale in June...

Yamada

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 02:23:54 pm »
Finland were good although, LITHUANIA!? I mean what in the name of god were we all thinking? How did they get so many points?  Ah well, you're all lucky.  Do you know how many times i've had to listen to teenage life by Daz Sampson? I'm okay with it, its not the worse we've sent but what the heck, but my brother is obsessed with that darn song. okay, one or two times, fine, but we're getting into the hundreds now  :( ! I'm suprised Denmark didn't do alittle better, I thought they deserved afew more points, but LITHUANIA!? *sigh* I just don't get it... Well done Finland, you certainly deserved to win, it was certainly entertaining. (Did you see the size of the lead singers shoes?!  ;) )
  *chuckles* I tend to watch Eurovision for Terry Wogan alone.
  Man he cracks me up.

feniox

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 02:26:45 pm »
Shut it! Lithuania were great, especially that bald guy. Amazing.

I wish I had put money on Lordi to win now, they must have been ranked outsiders when it was first announced they'd be taking part. But let's face it, Lordi are just a poor man's Gwar to begin with :P

Black Cat

RE: Eurovision Songfestival 2006 winner
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 02:36:38 pm »
Great, I didn't have a TV set at home, so I didn't watch the eurvision (That's one thing I'd never watch, even when I had a TV, usually too boring).

But this... it rocks *grins* Must have shaken a bit those lollypop singers.

Yamada

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: Eurovision Songfestival 2006 winner
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 02:49:18 pm »
Lithuinia? seriously? I thought the song was rubbish, the only good thing about the performance was the nutty bald guy, although to be fair its still ever so slightly better than our teenage life anyways.
  My 4 favourites were Denmark, Finland and Ireland. Latvia were pretty good to.