The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: How warhammaer 40K has affected my life so far..  (Read 190 times)

lunchboxkilla

How warhammaer 40K has affected my life so far..
« on: November 14, 2006, 06:17:16 pm »
I will not get on a forklift at my work till I have finished my prayers to the machine sprit (I swear to Lucinda this is true)

Every time I get out of my car I bow to it and thank it for my safe arrival.
I have given names to 3 of my robots that scurry around my floor with no useful pourpose.( titan, Agustus, And.... Von Brom)
When one fo the 3 robots that roams past me I look at them with reserved awe Then go back to what ever it was.
I plan on in years to come to get cybernetic enhancements (Crossing fingers for biometrics in 2030)
Wish every day for a mortal wound in combat so i could be placed in a deadnought

lonnarin

Re: How warhammaer 40K has affected my life so far..
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 07:25:44 pm »
Mine are moreso for Fantasy, though you'll get most of them hopefully.

1) I can woo Hank Hill's mom with my miniatures collection.

2) Every time I see Kilgore throwing cards on the corpses in Full Metal Jacket, I duck in case he's casting a firestorm or rain of frogs.

3) Everybody wants me to run PnP because I have a piece for 90% of the Monstrous Manual denizens.

4) I pray each and every day for the Tyrannids to send me Warpstones so I can turn my 2 cats into 6' Skaven hunters.

5) Had a turkey vulture in my backyard that hangs around who I named "Tzeetch"

6) Every time Kor charges into battle, his battle cry is "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!"

7) I often get into debates as to which is stronger, a Hobgoblin's Back or a Klingon's Head ridges.

8.) had to fish a pewter spearhead our of the sole of my foot before...

9) Became an eptymologist just to come up with enough individual names for 800+ units

10) Always have superglue and a soldering iron handy... just in case

11) Confound theologians when I ask them to explain how Azazel came to join Slannesh

12) Keep wishing Secret of Nihmn had Plaguebearer monks and warpstone blunderbusses

13) Secretly suspect that Stalin mated with 5000 midgets after seeing the Chaos Dwarves

14) Every PnP goblin encounter has at least one gibbering hallucinagenic gobbo swinging around a ball & chain wildly

15) Started using scatter dice for seige weapons as well

16) Have had vivid dreams of playing the game against the forces of evil.

17) Am always careful to back away after killing a giant, still tottering on his feet

18) Snotling has become a new favorite slur

19) Treat all frogs I encounter like God-Kings, for fear they will call their big brother on a palenquin on me

20) Wish every day Layo had a lizardmen subrace with +4 vs Fear and Natural armor bonus

21) Most surface drow in my PnP campaigns are ruthless pirates

22) Petitioned the NFL to run a variant full-contact league complete with catapaults and
halberd phalanxes

23) Contemplated using said catapault with a pair of leather wings to visit relatives in Canada

24) Own over 4 tables worth of assorted model terrain

25) Want to move to Canada when I graduate because they seriously have a Games Workshop in every other shopping mall

Polak76

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 09:43:03 pm »
Damn....you guys need help...FAST!!!

WH & 40k i must admit are fantastic games.  For fantasy I'm definately an undead (Vampire) fan or Skaven, while 40k it's gotta be Tyranids or chaos.
I never really got around to playing much of it since it's way too time consuming, though I do enjoy reading the codex.

After reading what you guys posted I probably should be greatful not to get too involved.

Cheers,
Polak76

CHAzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 11:22:37 pm »
    Tyranids.  There is nothing else.   Except maybe Genestealer Cults

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 01:14:10 pm »
    As long as my enimies draw breath there can never be peace.

Beware the alien, the mutant, the heretic.