The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Trick or Treat: What are YOU serving this Halloween?  (Read 279 times)

lonnarin

Trick or Treat: What are YOU serving this Halloween?
« on: October 29, 2006, 02:54:03 pm »
This year it's going to be Mounds and 3 Muskateers.  I always remember how much I loved coconut as a kid, and 3 Muskateers is a lot less fatty than most of the other brands, taste darn good too.  I also dug up a few old prayer pamphlets I got as a kid and will be asking every group that comes to my door to choose between Salvation or Candy.  I have a few really good ones too, even one where a kid started playing D&D and started hexing his father for more allowance money and sacrificing cats in the backyard while skipping church, and another where a little girl bought a rap music album and became pregnant the next week!  I'll try to get Pelordaes to make a few photocopies of some of his more demonic artwork to pass out as well.

I'll be playing the synthesizers that night alternating between gothic pipe-organ and alien ambience, with plenty of maniacal laughter and blood curdling screaming to accompany it.  If I do a costume, it will probably be Mick Foley/Mankind, now that my hair is finally short enough.  Maybe I'll buy a rat named George from the petstore to hold introduce to the kids and release him into the wild the next morning.

DMOE

RE: Trick or Treat: What are YOU serving this Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 03:01:07 pm »
We have found after 3 years of handing out raisins the local kids have stopped bothering so my cunning plan worked

laurabunny

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 03:49:55 pm »
    lonnarin - 10/29/2006  5:54 PM

Maybe I'll buy a rat named George from the petstore to hold introduce to the kids and release him into the wild the next morning.

That would be horribly cruel and I would never RP with you again!! Rats make wonderful pets, they're very intelligent and affectionate, and domestic animals should never just be "released into the wild!" Bad!

...my reaction is probably so strong because my father keeps threatening to do just that with all of my rodents and other small animals.  :D

LynnJuniper

Re: Trick or Treat: What are YOU serving this Halloween?
    « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 04:59:21 pm »
    I was planning to throw books at them. It would go good with what I was dared to do *siiiigh*

Alas, Assorted Candy Goodness

ZeroVega

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 05:19:45 pm »
    We actually give away #1 and #2 recyclable plastic bottles and tin coke cans that can be exchanged for 5 cents (10 cents in Michigan) at almost any convenience store... yeah...

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 05:35:30 pm »
    Apartment building - so no kids, sadly.  I used to have such fun dressing in a robe with a piece of translucent fabric concealing my face, extensive use of dry ice... but no such luck.

Vyris

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 06:33:55 pm »
    It will be about 25 degrees F here on halloween, so I am going for the hose. I might short out the doorbell too so if any persistant little twits get that far they will amuse me with thier twitchy little dance.

Sending your kids out to beg from strangers is dangerous and stupid.

Vyris

Serissa

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 06:13:30 pm »
    Beg??  Has fond memories of hoisting lawn furniture onto absent neighbor's roof, wedging the screen door shut, weaving the water hose among the tree branches...

Absent neighbors usually left ample offerings to ward off the evil that lurks on Halloween, and we only took our fair share then.

trillex

• Followers of Katia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 02:00:45 am »
    Ah, the wonderful day which have been drastically changed by capitalism so we will buy endless supplies of candies to fatten our children.

Sarcasm aside, we don't have Halloween here but my english girlfriend forces me to buy her a couple of bags of Haribo. :-)

Faldred

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 04:22:34 am »
    I picked up... Kit-Kat, Resse's PB Cups, Snickers, and $100,000 bars for the candy, and we're also giving out little tubs of play-dough to the younger kids.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 06:40:24 am »
    Skittles, M&M's, and lots else.  But the highlight is the Halloween pageant on my street that is performing, "A Nightmare Before Christmas" to about 500 kids tonight.

Faldred

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 09:11:14 am »
    For those of you who selected "Bastard Swords", do you really think the average trick-or-treater has the Weapon Proficiency Exotic feat?

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 02:46:16 pm »
    laurabunny - 10/29/2006  3:49 PM

lonnarin - 10/29/2006  5:54 PM

Maybe I'll buy a rat named George from the petstore to hold introduce to the kids and release him into the wild the next morning.

That would be horribly cruel and I would never RP with you again!! Rats make wonderful pets, they're very intelligent and affectionate, and domestic animals should never just be "released into the wild!" Bad!

...my reaction is probably so strong because my father keeps threatening to do just that with all of my rodents and other small animals.  :D

You should see this one movie "All the Little Animals."  In the beginning they have this evil fat scottish bald man murder a retarded boy's pet mouse and throw it at him.  Then the boy runs away to go live with William Hurt who's a crazy old man who spends his days burying roadkill and yelling at cars.  It has so the in the top 5 "Must See, Druid" movies.

anything