The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reclaiming my evenings and weekends!  (Read 266 times)

lonnarin

Reclaiming my evenings and weekends!
« on: October 27, 2009, 02:08:09 pm »
Good news for those of you who were wondering where I've been these past two months.  I've finally traded out my horrendous job at the fetid zoo of Wal-Mart to a much better paying, more dignified career working in the campus computer store full-time, oggling hot college lasses and selling flash drives for a living!  Tomorrow shall be my last shift ever in that third world nation supermarket that robs workers of their health benefits despite being the richest retailer in the world.  Which schedules you for 12-9pm and then 4am the next day.  Which makes for darn certain that every person with kids or family WILL work christmas morning.  A company so foul that only salaried managers are allowed to have keys to the trash compactors, otherwise we would have fed said managers to their bloodied iron jaws already.  No more Wal Mart!  No more carts!  No more showing up to work sick with swine flu to go stock produce!  WHOOOOOO!!!!

P.S.  If you've seen that documentary "Wal-Mart: the High Cost of Low Prices"... it's all true!  Single mothers getting their hours cut just to deny their children healthcare, "optional" unpaid overtime, people with shifts so close together that they sleep in their cars for 2 hours just to make ends meet, and every bit of that paycheck being re-absorbed when they shop where they work.  Worse even.  When I was a wee boy growing up in the Cold War 80s, my parents would point to the news clips of long lines for toilet paper, the workers being given slave wages, people being beaten down by thought police and the horrible quality of life and say "see son?  aren't you glad you don't live like that under communism?"  Then I went to college to work at Wal-Mart, with its shelves stocked with 90% chinese prison labor goods and it dawned on me.  Wal-Mart is the new Axis of Evil, and it's right there smack dab in our back yard!  It seriously is the return of the worst days of the industrial revolution, where children worked 12 hours a day and pople who lost limbs in the line of duty were kicked out into the streets.

The following users thanked this post: cbnicholson, Bryant, davidhoff, geloooo, Kaail

Pseudonym

Re: Reclaiming my evenings and weekends!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:18:57 pm »
Congrats!

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:48:00 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
It seriously is the return of the worst days of the industrial revolution, where children worked 12 hours a day and pople who lost limbs in the line of duty were kicked out into the streets.

Hey congratz mate

And you're absolutely right there.

3 of our wal-marts in Quebec managed to get syndicated, to get more protections and better pays. Less than a month later, the 3 wal-marts were closed, with their excused they were not making money. While by the stats they had published in the wall marts themselves, they were in the top across Canada.

Polak76

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:15:44 am »
Congrats.

That bit about your new job: "campus computer store full-time, oggling hot college lasses"...any positions vacant?

Polak76

anything