The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Donation Pooling - Community Drive  (Read 1158 times)

orth

Re: Donation Pooling - Community Drive
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 10:56:15 am »
Quote from: Chazzler
Donation Tracker - Campaign Management Software is still down, for days on end now... Perhaps it would be suitable to check out some of those other donation tracker sites for paypal that can be googled out with "donation tracker"?

Edit: I sent a message to the service provider via their homepage about the matter. I hope they will fix it soon :)

Edit of an edit: Seems like that site is the only one, at least by the googling I did with the aforementioned prefix.

The site is Donations Tracker (note its plural) and is accessible by clicking on the report image on the Donate page or the Thermometer on the main forum page and in other parts.  If you don't see images on these pages then it could be your AdBlock.

Have you been trying to go to "Donation Tracker" all this time in the hopes you'd see Layonara listed or something?

Chazzler

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 09:35:54 am »
I have tried both really. Neither one is working for me. The later variant "donation tracker .com" is a typo by me.

I don't have Adblock installed.

Chazzler

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 09:45:26 am »
Since the site won't let me in, or my browser won't let me there, I am unable to make a donation via the donate button :(

minerva

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 10:15:29 am »
You don't have to go thru donation tracker - you can do it directly thru Paypal.com

Chazzler

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 10:27:51 am »
Then I recommend putting a donate button or donation address visible somewhere. Both the Donate button on the donate page and the link go through donationstracker so they do not work for me, and likely many others.

orth

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 01:56:55 pm »
Quote from: Chazzler
Since the site won't let me in, or my browser won't let me there, I am unable to make a donation via the donate button :(

Well it is possible we host their donations tracker software on our site by purchasing it instead of using their service, but that's $90 instead of the $29 I paid for the service on their site plus the time required to get it setup.  I'm not sure what the problem is, they probably just haven't expected the traffic they'd be getting.

Chazzler

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:55 am »
Okay then, an update to this matter from Stellar Web Solutions. They said that their hosting company has been experiencing technical difficulties, and that the matter was being looked into. And I got another message from the saying that the matter has been resolved, but at least the dns-address to Donations Tracker: Helping people help each other is not working yet, let's give it some time so the dns servers around the globe can recache themselves again.
Hoping for the best :)

Chazzler

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 02:43:25 am »
Another update to the matter, from my work, the thermometer shows up.
So it might have been a periodical failure, or that my home's ISP has blocked the site.

More info to come to come once I get home.

jrizz

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 06:46:29 pm »
Will the thermometer reset each month? or better yet as funds are used can you subtract them from the thermometer so that we know where we are in costs and rollover each month and what more is needed?

So if the monthly cost is 120 and we have a donation base of 200 then at the start of the next month the tracker should read 80 meaning at least 40 more must come in.

thanks
jrizz

Lareth

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 07:10:49 pm »
Well I've added my little bit to the kitty, does anyone know if this will go through as a recurring payment monthly?  I didn't see anything that would allow me to schedule it that way.. if not no biggie, I'll just keeping popping it each month :)

Chazzler

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 03:27:52 pm »
Just noticed, that these work at my home now \\o/

Chazzler

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 09:54:44 am »
The world needs us again! (Layo does, at least) ;)

Lynn1020

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 02:18:39 am »
Its time to donate again. I know its just after the holidays but every little bit helps. :)

Lareth

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2009, 10:26:58 am »
Added my little bit to the pot to start off the new year :)

Link092

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2009, 07:02:32 pm »
Woot! I can donate this year! I'll get it sent off as soon as I figure out how to get the durned this to wwork..... O.o

Eyvind

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 05:19:20 am »
Looks like we just popped 100%!

Pseudonym

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 06:02:44 am »
It's dropped the comments from donaters. :(

Where else shall I find outlet for comment on AUD to USD exchange rate vexations?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:18 am »
I have a feeling that was a decision on or end for our little counter ;)

orth

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 11:57:36 am »
Oh I hadn't noticed that, it was just a new configuration option they allowed that needed to be set.

The comments are back.

jrizz

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 04:45:29 pm »
Now the goal status got dropped from the bottom of the donation page.