The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Summonds for different Dietys..  (Read 579 times)

HooD!uM

New Summonds for different Dietys..
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:42:00 am »
Just a though, maybe its in the mix :/ ...but i hate seeing Lucindas summonds being something a gnome would summon...(Golems). Would be nice to completely change dietys summonds so not all are similar..except the animal related dietys..

EdTheKet

RE: New Summonds for different Dietys..
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 07:54:00 am »
HooD!uM - 3/22/2005 4:42 PM Would be nice to completely change dietys summonds so not all are similar..except the animal related dietys..

Any suggestions?

ZeroVega

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 08:39:00 am »
Heh, Hoodlum, you're going to have an angry mob of clerics after you for even suggesting that their Sheild and Mithril Golems be taken away. :)

Thunder Pants

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 08:51:00 am »
well i keep hoping for new summons for Xeen, water elementals really just don't fit

Frendh

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 09:29:00 am »
Any deity who mainly summons planetars of different degrees?

trillex

• Followers of Katia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 09:30:00 am »
Wine elementals for Xeen. :) 

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 09:37:00 am »
Someone keep Celgar away from this thread....
  ...for everyone's sake......
  *looks around nervously*
  ;)

steverimmer

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 10:42:00 am »
I always thought Xeens summons should be higher and higher (or should that be lower and lower) forms of succubi and perhaps lucinda's summons should continue the spellbook theme as well.  Also Prunilla's summons should really continue the scarecrow theme I would have though :)

Pankoki

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
Erm.. there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Lady of Magic having constructs as summons and I dont think there is anything better to replace them, themewise.
  Gnomes have no specific summons, it has nothing to do with race. And the fact that summons are known tinkerers have no relevance whatsoever on what the Lady of Magic would supply its followers.
  Other summons are being worked on, just be patient.

Guardian 452

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 08:26:00 pm »
Wolves for Folian

:)

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 09:35:00 pm »
I really just want to see some beefier books for Aragen.  Not that I don't like the golems, I love 'em to death, but it'd be far more to summon something a bit more knowledge-related.  Plus, I would just like to see a book whoop arse.  Pen being mightier than the sword and all that ; )

Actually thus far, GREAT job on the summons, the thing to keep in mind is that we HAVE custom summons, and ones that are kept in constant update.  Pan can be thanked for that, among others (I forget exactly who all works on the summons ;) )  So yes, more summons are being worked on, but in the meantime be happy that you have golem and not uniform summons like many other servers.

Wow, that sounded harsh, I didn't mean it that way at all, I'm simply saying that keep in mind that we do have custom summons.

Also, feel free to provide suggestions.  "More summons" is less likely to get attention than "I was thinking of this summon lineup for Xeen... "Insert list of summons here""

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 11:20:00 am »
Don't you Dare get rid of Lucinda's golems!!! they are part of a non gnome-ish mage's stapel!!! *clings to his golems* I don't want to see them go!!!

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
Tooo Late connor! *holds a broken bottle protecting his golem summons* now back off from Lucinda's golems!

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
It would be cool if the level 9 Xeen summon was a Summoned Temptress that went around and beat the heck out of things with a whip with on-hit domination.
    *drools*

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
....spell books are nice and all, but a 9th lvl spell book summen would likly kill the party.. there magivs is very... badly aimed... ive seen mine shot lightining balts and hit party member and stuff.. 9 th lvl summened book would likly kill hole partys in seconds. OHOH... maby a floting Pen for Aragen... like a feather pen or somthing... or if it could be modeled a book golem or somthing... like make a really big book that closes on stuff... smashing them, that would be how it attacks, could also just make the normal books that attack, maby not spell casters. Maby a ink or paper golem... idk. Maby animated book cases that shot books like arrows and smacks monsters with.. themselve's.. that could be interesting... floating pen that sprays napalm... hum..

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2005, 10:40:00 pm »
Maybe taking away their golems would knock those Lucindites down a notch.

I mean, in all seriousness, I don't see very many clerics of other gods, though that very well may just be me.

Maybe I am just biased cause I don't like the weave ... or rather I don't like the concept of gods messing around with the Arcane ... or maybe I have been playing a Toranite for too long ...

*shrugs*

It's 1:40AM here and I've been out all day so don't take me too seriously

RouterBlade

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 12:43:00 am »
Vorax's summons are too weak
lvl 16 dwarf is the strongest summon when others are around 19-20

Sakura

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 02:31:00 am »
    RouterBlade - 7/17/2005  12:43 AM

The last time I looked at "pete" Gloin's summon it was level 20. (this was less then a few weeks back on quest)

Destropterammer

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 03:09:00 am »
    Pete, and Kramir for that matter is lvl 20. the lvl 8th sumon might be lvl 16 though. The Vorax sumons rock, no need to fool around there either.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 07:07:00 am »
    RouterBlade - 7/17/2005  3:43 AM

Vorax's summons, when I was helping in the testing of v2, could rock just about anything's world. And when properly buffed, nothing but Dragons could stand in the level 20's way. So these are fine. Totally fine. Any more power and you'll start having all the Lucindites and Aeridinites converting to Vorax. :)