The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: OOC while in game  (Read 96 times)

IceDragonDuvessa

OOC while in game
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:58:27 pm »
I have been DMing a lot lately and the amount of OOC that I have seen flying across my screen is saddening. Most of the things that I am seeing could very easily be said IC. Questions about looters, quests, which cave people are going to go through can all easily be done IC.

Speaking OOC pulls people out of the immersion of the RP of the world. Lets keep it to a bare minimum for those around us. Thanks

Leanthar

Re: OOC while in game
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 05:18:55 pm »
Thank you for posting Ice. This is indeed the case. We need the help of the community to keep things immersive and RP as the community grows. Try not to speak OOC when it can be helped, when possible speak in character with your questions. If that can not be done then please try to use tells.  It is important that everybody try to do this so that players can remain immersed in the world when they logged in and playing.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:50:52 pm »
One thing I do to help cut down on OOC pollution when in medium-to-high traffic areas is use Party speech, and hope there aren't too many DMs on who're tuned in. /p // is a rather familiar typing string for me; mayhaps a bit too familiar, but then, I enjoy conversing with other players, and more often than not, the rest of the party should hear whatever it is I'm saying. "[Enter]/p //Aw, nuts, guys... Sorry, but I'll have to split. [Enter][Enter]*Pyyran suddenly clutches his side, gasping in obvious pain. He grimaces, but waves the rest on, shaking his head.* Bloody... That scratch from the kobold's bothering me again... No, don't worry about the healing, just get on! You need the gold more than I, so go! [Enter][Enter]/p //Been great playing with you guys, as always. Cheers.[Enter][Logout]"

IceDragonDuvessa

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:14:16 pm »
It is every bit as irritating to me in a party or on as a gm to see ooc come through party chat. If you have to log off then a simple //been fun gotta go is fine but responses from the party to that can be in tells and what not. Party chat is not a license for poor RP just because those not in the party can't hear you.

Weeblie

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 01:12:12 am »
Two things...

Please, please, don't use "//back". It's very simple to show that you are back again: Just say something! :P

And "//wb"... It's probably meant as a nice gesture, but it's less nice to have one's chat-window suddenly cluttered with OOC-text (especially if 5/6 people responds with that!)... If you really, really want to send it, do it in tells or something!

anything