The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Loom in the Eye of the Storm?  (Read 451 times)

MJZ

A Loom in the Eye of the Storm?
« on: April 06, 2007, 11:05:53 am »
Could we place a loom in the Eye of the Storm, so that new characters can create an outfit for themselves prior to entering the world? I think before you leave the Storm, you have 100 true, so it would still be possible for the PCs to do the crafting.

This would be very useful, I think, because otherwise I (and others like me!) have to drag a new character to the crafting hall and craft, which is very OOC. And because the craft halls are highly public, you end up attracting attention and such... attention you don't want until your character is properly decked out in their barbarian hides/ tribal tattoos/ sea-shells/ cloak and dagger ensemble.

Just an idea?

Pen N Popper

Re: A Loom in the Eye of the Storm?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 11:09:54 am »
Great idea.

Merchants would also be welcome so one could buy that hood, etc.

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 11:09:56 am »
I think this is a great idea.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 11:16:15 am »
Great Idear!

Kindo

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 11:31:25 am »
Absolutely fabulous idea! Just some tiny things to make it possible for new characters to "enter the world" as they were meant to, not having to run around town to find the crafting hall and deal with a whole lot of things out-of-character, kind of ruining the feel of the character in certain cases. Heh, imagine the Dark Elf characters who have to run half-way across town with no hood or other kinds of cover... Well, needless to say, it ruins it for some people. So a small merchant with some clothing apparel for sale, and a customization loom. Wow.

I love it!

Faldred

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 12:00:53 pm »
I like it!

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:19:53 pm »
Great idea!

But we're already planning it.  :D

It's going to be part of that whole "Character Fixer" thing.

Patience....it's on the list.

Kindo

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 12:52:21 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
Great idea!

But we're already planning it.  :D

It's going to be part of that whole "Character Fixer" thing.

Patience....it's on the list.
I am so pleased, I could just kiss you! Or at least hug you in one of those back-patting, manly kind of ways.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:27:20 pm »
*eyes Kindo carefully, slowly backing away*

Pen N Popper

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 07:58:28 pm »
I'd like to bump this idea.  Instead of going to one of the two start areas, they go to the "Character Setup" area.  From there they choose a starting area.  The setup area would allow them to create their clothing and such.

In the MMO I'd hope that a player could login immediately after submitting a PC to start enjoying the experience.  It can be a real downer to submit before a weekend and then not get approved.  This would at least get them into the game to fiddle with things.

I know it's unlikely that this could happen in NWN, but there are systems that let you alter your bic (alignment, stats, etc.) so even if they were approved for something different then they entered the setup area, they could still change it there.

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 08:48:48 pm »
Quote from: Pen N Popper
I'd like to bump this idea.  Instead of going to one of the two start areas, they go to the "Character Setup" area.  From there they choose a starting area.  The setup area would allow them to create their clothing and such.

In the MMO I'd hope that a player could login immediately after submitting a PC to start enjoying the experience.  It can be a real downer to submit before a weekend and then not get approved.  This would at least get them into the game to fiddle with things.

I know it's unlikely that this could happen in NWN, but there are systems that let you alter your bic (alignment, stats, etc.) so even if they were approved for something different then they entered the setup area, they could still change it there.

This hasn't been forgotten.  It's a manpower issue at this point.  As for deep .big editing in the hands of players, it's not going to happen.

The MMO is a different animal in almost every way. Character creation plans are yet to be finalized.