The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Little Golems....  (Read 166 times)

lunchboxkilla

Little Golems....
« on: January 28, 2005, 09:08:00 pm »
This is mainly for the peopel who follow gods and the clirec get the golems.... Say I make a wizard of Lucinda or a Wizdar that follow oh.....Berly.... How about a little golem for their... thing?
I think we could shrink a stone golem down... I men you guys made a huge bug so why not a small golem?
As the spell flinger levels the little golem gets Golemish feats... IS perm damage reduction, golem attack feat, Stone it thows slow, iron it does a poison breath, and the nice little list of Imuities...

And the best part is people can do CDQs to get them IE GMs like L will hand them out to the only chosen few to stop player from all being wizards of Lucinda with mini power houses...
And since they are small.... they get half the stats of their bigger brothers... IE My Stone stats are STR 24 so if i had a mini he would be 12...and as he levels up he could have a STR of say.... 18 or 20 by the time I hit 40 or some thing...

Heck if any one knows Cel or me I love golems... Heck my whole mage knight army is nothing but golems hehehe

Stilly idea I guess it will never happen

lunchboxkilla

RE: Little Golems....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
No feed back?
No comments?

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
IIRC, HotU had bronze and/or silver golems that were smaller in stature than normal golems.  They were intelligent as well.  It could be an interesting option as a familiar, one that would grow stronger as the mage gained levels.

*shrugs* We'll see...

Pankoki

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »
Clerics will never get familiars, no matter who you follow. And this can be done for mages and sorcerers but to make a familiar you need to make 40 creatures of progressive difficulty and a whole bunch of scripting thats involved. At one point this was asked and players preffered customized summons. So right now its a pain we really don't need.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 11:21:00 pm »
Not asking for it now Just thowing an idea out heheh

Kethryc

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 12:14:00 am »
I think you're just hooked on Golems...

Perhaps you have had your daily dose of your psychotics.  Are you feeling alright Celgar?

Elinmire

orth

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 12:22:00 am »
Let me know when you find a model shrinker tool.

Halfgiants would like em too.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
Milkshape orth! Wooo the gold old days hod Half-life one with skinning and modling... *sighs* I miss them days...

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 11:13:00 pm »
Why not just have a new craft and call it, Toy Crafting.
Each device intially required a prototype to be built, such as a windmill or the first cart or even a mock up of ship to be built, prior to actually building. For a character, such a craft would allow for the creation of clockwork devices, like the flying metal owl of Odysses, the Emperors singing songbird, or King Solomon's head. Toys have always been the precursor to almost every medieval warmachine. Also in the creation of models for temples and other architectural structures and mechanical devices.
Having toy crafting, along with tinkering, woodcraft, metalcraft and jewellery making would perhaps facilitate the invention of a clock, and thus clockwork devices, and perhaps even the crafting of windups.
Not quite little golems, but perhaps the next best thing.

Varnart

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 03:59:00 am »
It sounds like someone is watching too much Medabots... :)

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
Not medabots, but there are toys for sale in the Forgotten Realms: Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog :)

In the 2nd edition Monster Manual, under golems is the Doll Golem.

Still like the old system of making golems. Though in Spelljammer, I like the Steam Golem and Furnace Golem.