The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Invisibility sphere  (Read 302 times)

Doc-Holiday

Invisibility sphere
« on: February 14, 2007, 06:35:23 pm »
Idea!

What about changing the spell to only cast invisiblity ONCE on everyone within a range of the caster... and then be done with it

like.. Mass invisibility... just plain invisibility on a group.. not a persistant area

Just an idea

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Invisibility sphere
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 06:37:16 pm »
That would be preferable for the NWN setting... It's a far better spell in PnP.

Mass Invis might be better in terms of performance and usefulness for NWN.

Dorganath

RE: Invisibility sphere
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 06:50:38 pm »
Moved to proper location.

Tialle Dianesis

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 11:36:16 pm »
    I'd also recommend this idea. When the game starts to lag, the Invisibility Sphere does some rather odd things like bounce around with a life of its own and sometimes gets stuck on any obstacle. If I remember correctly I was casting the Sphere near the fireplace on the Western Outskirts of Hlint and somehow it moved with me till it I passed by a tree on the road and it remained there for quite some time. Although, it was a bit of fun phasing in and out of the sphere to confuse travelers.:P

IDii

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:01:34 am »
    Yeah, invis sphere kinda makes you phase out and in of invis.
    Cast it once before attacking some things... then it just randomly kept putting me invis after I had already cast offensive spells. Was kinda handy.

But yes, making it a mass invis sounds like a cool idea. Seeing as it's totally unstable now.

Polak76

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 10:06:03 pm »
    I also like this idea.  Cast it once and all in the area of effect are cloaked by the illusion.  Then everyone is on their own.

anything