The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Return the PC vendors  (Read 183 times)

Force_of_Will_

Return the PC vendors
« on: June 21, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
I was just gonna suggest maybe returning the PC vendors.
Instead of the vendors holding the items maybe the Player gets a bag when they buy a vendor.the bag holds the items for sale(limit the number).when the vendor sells it the item is transfered to the buyer and the money minus the fee for sale is placed in the Players inventory.

I saw this on a server about 2 years ago.I think it cut down on the lag.

I really miss the trade market hall with vendors.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
RE: Return the PC vendors
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 05:31:00 pm »
Maybe they could be brought back in a limited manner like for instance if someone has a regular established shop like the Orc bashers or the Arm of the Ram then you wouldn't have to find them in game to get access to their gear.  Just a thought.  Make it cost a significant amount to establish the vendor or something else.  Just some thougths.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »
Or perhaps pay a certain value and add a timer to actually keep the vendors, this way they wouldn't be always there, i believe... Not even sure how they worked back then, i just thought of this. :)

orth

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
It's on my list.  Please be patient.

davidtownsend

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 07:03:00 pm »
Bump.

Just got done browsing a thread about CNR and some folk were not liking having to spend so much time running around to get things like.... Sandpaper.. I have seen the treads for selling things IC here in the Forums which better than nothing and I have seen Players trying to be merchants. Kudos to them and the time and effort they put in. But having venders would expand this while not displacing the others. It would seem nice for venders to pick up the slack for low level items like Sandpaper, or greenstones, or whatever is more common.

Maybe set it up so that some venders only accept ore, or one type of item. Have them buy at X and sell at 2X.. Keep it simple. Hope this comes around it would be a nice boost.

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 07:36:00 pm »
I ran a poll to see if people wanted them back a few months ago (or there about)--or a thread--forget if it was a poll or a thread--and people did not want them back and it was pretty clear that it was at least 70% of the people.  After that I quit looking in to this possiblity and the team started concentrating on other things.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 02:55:00 am »
It was more half and half... I just read back over it.

oh and it wasnt a poll.

I was (am) for the vendors, but I didn't post.. not sure why heh.

The most united argument against them (other than possible lag) was that it would cut down on rp between sellers and customers.  I for one, wouldn't mind if the amount of time I had to spend hawking stuff to sell it was decreased a bit.  You'd still have to deal with the hagglers and the barterers in person, but I wouldnt have to carry around 60 items (rings, armors bows swords) and put some fraction of that number up in the barter window for EVERY person.  Then the barter window gets closed when theres an autosave, and you have to put them all out again.

Even a portable vendor chests that you could place like housing furniture and put all the stuff you're selling in for people to look through would be GREAT!

And even if "player vendors" were put in, but you couldnt buy anything from them, they would just serve as a catalogue that people could view IG, see the acctual items and examine them and then contact you later would be nice.

-TV

HooD!uM

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 03:04:00 am »
return of the vendors id like to see come back in the future..would be good also if we could set a prcie for an item instead of the old percentage raise/decline.

anything