The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stunningly cool RP-chance for bards....  (Read 204 times)

darkstorme

Stunningly cool RP-chance for bards....
« on: May 19, 2006, 08:15:52 am »
While this may be old news for some (though perhaps not, as it only has three votes), I stumbled across this little gem.

I've been thinking of building a bard character, and was going to include her ballad as an attachment to her Character Submission - this would be a million times better.  According to the readme, composed songs are bindable (in-game!) to a bard's instrument.  How cool would it be to be wandering through Hlint, say, and hearing a snatch of familiar music that told you your bardic friend was playing?

Performances of new music at the Leilon Inn, at the Wild Surge... certainly preempting the local bard's karaoke...

Or even a bard showing one of his/her new songs to their travelling companions while they rest around the fire..  It might be a bit labour-intensive for bards, but nevertheless, the possibilities are HUGE.

Implementability, I'm not sure about yet.. I'll have to crack the hakpak open with the toolset and take a serious look, but it looks stable, and I'd love to see the addition of "bard studios" - I'm even willing to help with the code development to see them become a reality.

What does everyone else think?

Edit:  I realize that a number of people may have seen this, as it's been coded by the same genius who came up with the weapon proficiency hak that's been discussed with such fervour on this forum.

Acacea

RE: Stunningly cool RP-chance for bards....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 09:46:01 am »
You didn't include the link, but I think you must be talking about Vulcano's Bard Studio?

Edit: You know, for anyone who can't click "Quote" or something...

Edit again! Speaking of quotes! If you take them out of the link, it'll work.

darkstorme

Re: Stunningly cool RP-chance for bards....
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 10:07:58 am »
Thanks.  The link now works.  And yes, the Bard Studio.  How much fun would THAT be in Layo, eh?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 10:21:48 am »
That would be awesome. Heck, I'd pick up a bard just to do that.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 10:33:25 am »
Wow, I would really be interested in this too!

crazedgoblin

RE: Stunningly cool RP-chance for bards....
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 10:39:24 am »
sounds grooovey

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 03:59:45 pm »
Volcano's bard studio says it only works in 1.67 beta 1.  Haven't tested it with the acctual release.

darkstorme

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:46:15 am »
I'll give it a try tonight, then, see how it works. :)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 03:11:53 pm »
It works (well, I didn't play with the sequencer much but nothing was blatantly broken) with the final 1.67 release.

darkstorme

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 06:35:47 am »
It does seem to work  well.  The remaining question, then, would be if it could be streamlined and made more robust to run well in a PW like Layonara.  It would work now... but I can't shake the feeling that epics and symphonies (of a sort) could be managed with this tool.