This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - 55060hacker
Pages: 1 
Ok, what part of LORE (Layonara Online Reference Encyclopedia) can I assume to have general knowledge in. There is a lot of information written up in LORE, but I'm sure not all of it is available to PCs.
I am going to make these assumptions, unless corrected:
1) I can find the current and/or past rulers of cities/kingdoms/baronies...
2) I can find the general attitude of an area towards magic, both divine and arcane.
3) I can find maps that may not be overly detailed, but will show the general locations of places.
4) I can not find information on non-famous PCs... if they don't own a well-known establishment, (ie Cailomel's or Leringard Arms & Equipment),I probably don't know too much about them. On the other hand, if they do own a well-known establishment, but want to keep their private lives more or less secret, I may be able to find information out.
5) I know of rumors that circulate about certain places, even though I may or may not be able to verify if the rumors are true.
I understand this list may not be complete, but just getting a feel for what is available.
As far as I can tell, the cantrip "Divine Relation" is worthless to an Aragenite.
1) Since Aragen is neutral to everyone, "divine relation" reports that everyone is neutral.
2) I agree that according to Aragen, all information is sacred, but even without using this cantrip, I can guarantee that I will get a neutral result-- Even if I cast it on another Aragenite.
3) Rowana, some information can be scared... it's kinda fun that way
Character Name: Groosh
Character Age: 20
Character Class: Druid 5/ Ranger
Character Race: Goblin
Character Gender: Male
Character Alignment: TN
Deity Associated With: The Great Oak
Character Birthplace: Goblin Wastelands, near Hlint
From an early age, Groosh felt he was different from his clanspeople. He felt a kinship with nature instead of the normal goblinoid urge to destroy it.
One day, when he was about 14, he felt a strong, curious pull into the Silkwood Forest. While there, he came across a group of druids who were in a ceremony worshipping the Great Oak.
He watched patiently and was awed by what he saw there. Later that day, he was discovered by some of the druids who recognized him as a kindred spirit.
They offered to train him in the druidic arts. After several grueling but satisfying years, the druids of the Silkwood Forest proclaimed him ready to serve the Great Oak on his own.
Weight: 45 lbs.
Hair: Wispy black
Which races are currently playable and open to submission?I know Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes are ok.After 1421, no Half-Breeds were born, so Half-Orc, Half-Giant, Aasimar and Tiefling are out.I understand that some of the different subraces of Elf (Dark, Gray, Moon, Sea, Sun, Wild, Wood) are in and out of submissability, depending on Exotic Races being submitable ATM.The same is true of the subraces of Dwarf (Gold, Deep, Shield)
Halflings and Gnome, the same. How does this affect the submissability of Ogres,Orcs, Wemics, Goblins, etc. They are not half-breeds, but not truly a subrace except under NWN?
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:44:01 am »
I play a Large Barbarian with a high STR. I want a big bashing weapon that I can wield 2-handed, but unfortunately, since I am a large creature, I need a Huge weapon. As far as I know, there are no huge weapons in game.
Generally, how much LORE can be used for IG knowledge by a PC? I play an Aragenite priest, whose domain is Knowledge. I'm assuming I am well-read in what is considered "general knowledge" and can research quite a bit. But where is the line between research and "metagaming"? I'm assuming using the maps of Layonara is generally acceptable, but of course using other character's builds is not. I should not know that Susie Shoemaker is a 10th level cleric of Ilsare, for example.
Pages: 1