The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: QUEST SERIES: What Lurks in Shadow  (Read 947 times)

regnus

RE: QUEST SERIES: What Lurks in Shadow
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2005, 08:43:00 pm »
*Lo'kiar holds the woman's hand in his and lightly kisses it.*

"My dear, perhaps we should continue this later.  I have work to do.  Run along now."

*Lo'Kiar moves to the table and sits down with the group.*

So, who gave the Tear to Fisterion?  Was it the same group who talked to the shadow dragon?  If it was, then I am not sure what the best path is.  If it was not the same group then perhaps the best step is to come clean with the shadow dragon and take your licks and move on.  You are likely in a no win situation.  Whether the shadow dragon let you know that he wanted the Tear or not, it was given up before it could be fully exploited.  So there is no reason now to rehash it.  Now, my suggestion is this.  And please keep in mind that I am only coming into this conversation as an innocent eavesdro...er....bystander.  I say the group confronts the shadow dragon and lets him know that we have offended him.  We are truly sorry and we offer our services to remedy the situation.  We should also offer the shadow dragon a bargain to lessen the punishment he deals out.  We should offer him the information that Fisterion now holds the Tear and can keep tabs on him whenever Fisterion wishes.  Now if everyone in this group here were the ones who offered the Tear to Fisterion then that might bring more problems.  If not then we can pass it off that those in the group were with Fisterion talking about the dragon alliance and he used the Tear to show that he knew of the shadow dragon and that he was not part of the alliace.  Maybe the shadow dragon will figure out that Fisterion knows about him and is watching.  Hopefully with the group offering their service to make up for your mistakes plus the threat of Fisterion breathing down his neck it will make hime come around.  

Again, I am just a bystander so far and that is the way I see it.  I am not comfortable being in the service of a dragon, but if it accomplishes the goal then we should at least explore the idea.

regnus

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 04:35:00 am »
*Lo'Kiar looks into his drink and swirls it around a but before tipping is back and finishing it.  He looks at the group sitting at the table with him*

How did you all decide to visit the black dragon?  Is there any reason that he should be trusted?  Not to sound paranoid, but can any of these dragons be trusted?  What did the black have to gain by telling you that the shadow wanted the Tear?  Could it be that the black is at odds with the shadow and gave you the information about the Tear knowing that Fisterion wanted it as well and more than likely would get it?

I dont like being used and I am wondering if that is what is happening here.

Pankoki

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 04:43:00 am »
*Triba screams in frustration*
  CAN SOMEONE TAPE THAT DROW'S MOUTH UP!! HE IS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 05:57:00 am »
*Lia gets up*

I'm with Triba on this one.  Your fools if you will listen to this drow, what he says with undoubtely get you all killed, In fact I'm quite sure that is what he is planning.  I cant beleive I ate here as long as I have with a DROW in my presence!

*she walks off and out the door*

regnus

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 08:44:00 am »
*Lo'Kiar rolls his eyes and sighs*

Here we go again....

Listen, I am not going to apologize for who or what I am.  Take me or leave me.  I am offering my point of view here as well as my assistance.  Take it or leave it.

There are more important things going on here than your hatred of me.  You dont trust me?  That's fine.  I can provide numerous references of my character and deeds.  These people are good people that are trustworthy.  If you still dont trust me then that is your loss.  I am here to help.  If my help is not wanted then I will take my leave.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 09:45:00 am »
* Kobal buys a full mug of Black Knights Malt and tosses it at the drow. *

Shut yer mouth ye blasted dark-skinned, children-murdering devil!

* ... to the others... *

I will just dig up a white rock and attach a gnomish lens to it. That device can see far as well, and doesn't even have a crack in it.

jjkolb

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 10:44:00 am »
*Klaug walks to Lo'Kiar and offers him a towel*

*To Kobal and others*  You have no cause to act in such a matter.  I have no love for the Drow I assure you, but this one has done nothing I have seen to warrant such behavior.  If you have a charge, then level it, or leave the drow in peace.  There are more civilized means to express your discord.

*To Lo'Kiar* Perhaps it would be wise in the future to offer your advice to only those that you trust.  A pity, but that is the way of things.

ZeroVega

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
*a hooded figure walks in and sits at the bar, catching the last of what was said*
    Being drow is reason enough to hate him... it is in most drow's nature to kill, mame, and be generally evil. If the many many attacks on Hlint, Hampshire, and the other cities of Mistone are not enough to open your eyes to the fact that it is a race built on cold and brutal tactics of terrorism than you deserve to feel their evil first hand. That's not to say they're all evil, but truly, how many of them can you trust, and are you willing to take the chance that he may not be one of them?
  *the hooded figure holds up his hand motioning to the barkeep for a glass of wine and sits in silence*

jjkolb

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
Could that not also be said of giants, ogres, and goblins?  Yet we do not treat those that walk among us with such hatred.  In fact I, for one, would trust my life with one who is half giant and half ogre.

True, the drow are, on balance, inherently evil.  I know nothing of this one here and therefore am not about to trust him.  However, he has done nothing to deserve the treatment he has received and therefore it is my duty to defend him.  Especially when he has only tried to be helpful.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
* Kobal looks up, after having concentrated on the table for quite some time. It seems he has carved a picture onto it with his skinning knife. The picture shows a majestic dragon, wings spread wide... *

Ye trust goblins, ogres and giants lad? *sighs* What? Have yer parents never taught ye some sense?

EdTheKet

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2005, 12:03:00 pm »
// Even though I like the discussion on drow being evil/untrustworty/etcetera, I would like to request you all to please return to the subject.
   Also, part IV will be the last part, one way or the other and (if I may say so) it's quite a fix you're in at the moment...*evil grin*. Get that grey matter working!!!
  Thanks.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2005, 12:09:00 pm »
*Syn stands up, finishes his drink and heads towards the exit, turns slightly to those arguing and speaks in an absent tone*

Judge people by their actions, not by their looks, and give everyone a chance for such judgement. You should know that far better now than ever, Kobal.

*he walks out*

steverimmer

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
*sighs* So what are we going to do now then?  Our only really bargining position was the Tear and now thats gone.  Telling the shadow dragon that Fisterion's watching him is not likely to endear him to us and it'll probably get us killed.  So either we steal the Tear back off Fisterion or we just forget about it.
  *smiles sadly* ....so now we've forgotton about it we're back in the same position as we were before...what does the shadow dragon want or need?  We're probably only going to get one more shot at this so it'll have to be good.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
* ... to Synaldur before he leaves. * Trust is earned. For some its easier than for others, ye know.

* ... to Buppi. * I agree lass. The tear was our shot. We should not mention to the Deepening Dark that we had our hands on it. Lets just forget about it or the Shadow Dragon will surely make us pay.

What do we have to offer, really? Some jink and some gear for its army. Not gonna be enough I think. But am interesting question was asked earlier. Did this army have a purpose, besides of protecting the Shadow Dragon? If yes, we would do good to figure out what its purpose was.

regnus

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
*Lo'Kiar grabs a towel and wipes his face off*

Uh...I believe I brought that question up.  I also would like to know why the black dragon was consulted.  It may shed some light on this if we go over some of the details again.

As for the army of the shadow dragon, I dont know where the shadow dragon and the red fit on the dragon heirarchy, but is it possible that the shadow dragon is going to take advantage of the Blood war situation to take out Fisterion?  Maybe Fisterion knew this and wanted the Tear so he could see it coming.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2005, 12:46:00 am »
Perhaps... but we don't know and we have little chance of finding out.

* ... to those that visited the shadow dragon the first time, and defeated its army... *

Do you have any idea what the army was for?

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2005, 06:03:00 am »
For his defense I assume.  They were stationed around his domain as we traveled towards his lair.

-Talan Va'lash

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2005, 10:10:00 am »
* Kobal raises his voice. *

If its army was only for protection, and did no have any other purposes I really have no idea what we might offer the Deepening Dark. Fisterion has the item that might have gained its help, and now? What do we have?

If the Deepening Dark refuses to join the alliance, the other dragons will neither, and everything that was worked for until now is lost.

If anyone has any ideas, please voice them now, before it is too late.

// last shot on Saturday. If it fails, there will be no alliance.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »
Right now we are in the position of having four of the five lined up.  Could we take the angle of shaming the Shadow into participation.  It has been mentioned a couple of times that he has been in hiding and not been exposed to the threat from Blood.  After apologizing and asking for how we may gain his help (he will likely refuse), might we insinuate in a very respectful way that the reason he doen't want to join the others will be seen by them as fear on his part.  We might suggest that the others will say that he is afraid to come out of his hiding to a real challenge but they are not.  I know there is the risk of angering him but if we ensure him that this is not our opinion but that of the other dragons there may be some weight to it.  You know use peer pressure.  Basically let him know that if he opposes this and it falls apart because he didn't join leaves him open to being perceived as afraid or weak.  

And just so everyone is clear the Tear was never asked for by any of the dragons and it was a very wise man and woman indeed who decided (after much angst) to use the Tear with the red.  Triba was very opposed and voiced her concerns but eventually yielded to Plen and Bris' decision.   I think we need to get positive suggestions going here rather than lamenting a fact of life.  Who knows how all of this will end.  That's what we are here to find out.

regnus

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2005, 03:28:00 pm »
Will this option anger the red should he be watching?  I dont want to put words in his mouth if it gets me in there as well.