The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Moonlight terror  (Read 596 times)

Aerimor

Moonlight terror
« on: June 09, 2011, 04:35:51 pm »
A pair of reports circulate in Point Dart of theft on wing.

The first was from a shepherd.

It was like any other day but it was too quiet.  I had this tingle and knew something was wrong so I went out to my flock.  As I crested the rise my stomach dropped.  There was what little remained of my flock, a splash of blood here and there.  I counted maybe 3 identifiable kills and found 4 of my flock still alive elsewhere.  They were scared, I could tell. I couldn't find trace of the other 22 sheep, they were just gone.  In the middle of it all were huge tracks, looked like clawed feet digging heavy into the ground.  It must of been huge!  It must of ate my whole flock.  There were no traces of it coming in or leaving on foot.  I must of flown!

I'm ruined, what good is a shepherd without a flock? And worse yet, it must of ate my dog! My poor girl loved that dog.

The second from a nearby farm.

I tell you, I heard my goat bleating in the night and I ran out to see to her as fast as a whippersnap.  I ran out the door just in time to see a dragon carrying off my only cow! It was titanic! To carry off Bertha like that.  The cursed thing, it killed both my goats. All it left was one bloody stump of a leg. What do you think it means?  You think the Cult is coming?  Are they sending their dragons to kill us?  They weren't suppose to come here, not here!

Rowana

Re: Moonlight terror
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:29:30 am »
As these rumors begin to make it to even the farthest reaches of the world another disturbing rumor arises from the Rohden islands sounding much the same. Livestock and a dog taken in the night from rural farms late one night. Some say it was out in Creedo's farming district, others swear it was near Northern Gate... Whatever the truth, the perpetuating rumor suggest it is at least more than drunken yammering.

Aerimor

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 01:38:58 pm »
Word coming in from Enka, of the Telish Throne, is that a number of pig sties have been raided in the night.  Three of the largest pig farmers had there numbers reduced to a scant few hand fulls.

"I heard all the squealing and ran out right away.  All I saw was a tail trailing off into the night.  I'm ruined; it left me with 7 pigs to try to start again!"

Aerimor

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »
A story out of Dasbar in the Boyer Kingdom sticks out from the rest.

Story of traveling cobbler. "I had left Dasbar and was traveling to Point Dart.  One night while camping along the way I was awoken by commotion.  When I looked around I saw a great yellow dragon flying before the moon! It had one of my horses in it's talons with one of my traveling companions mounted upon it.  I had just met the bard the day before, a very entertaining chap with a panache for the guitar.  He had jut bought a pair of my best selling new shoes, made from suede.  Anyway I ran forward to get a better look at the pair as they sailed away into the night, and one of his blue shoes fell there to the earth at my feet.  The only known remnant of the Bard Alvis."

Nehetsrev

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:24:13 pm »
*Jetta hears the account in a tavern being passed between a couple of the other patrons and mutters purposely loud enough to be overheard*  

"Bah, it's a hoax.  Alvis is still alive, he just couldn't handle the popularity anymore, or at least that's what he told me when I saw him yesterday."

*after planting her obnoxious rumor, she slips out into the night, laughing inside as she goes.*

Aerimor

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 08:52:33 pm »
Fort Kilm of the Driran Kingdom adds to the recent reports of thefts.

According to a half dozen fisherman of the ship, Rising Wind, as they offloaded the first of their haul, the rest of their ship was plundered.  None were quick enough to get an accurate description of the beast responsible, but it wasl agreed that it was a large scaled creature. It came out of the water, took the largest of their storage containers and then flew away low over the sea.

Aerimor

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:46:51 pm »
Complaints from Denshou of the Telish Throne complain of an attack on a small caravan of food supplies being sent from Enka.

According to reports, filed in triplicate and with precision in Denshou, three wagons left Enka with light guard.  During the night, the camp was set upon by 'a large winged reptile with dark scales, possibly black, blue or dark green. The creature landed with a flurry, grabbed one of the wagons in its claws and flew off to the North West.'  Four guards filed similar reports. One report went on to claim the soldier/guard was able to fire two arrows from his Yumi before the creature flew off. Neither arrow was reported to pierce the creature's scales or deter the beast.  

The rest of the transport went without incident and no one was harmed according to the report/tales.

Aerimor

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 07:17:54 pm »
According to two fishing ships off the coast of Point Dart a dragon was seen flying out to sea.  The crew of one ship reported the dragon as carrying a cow in its talons.  The crew of the second ship reported seeing the dragon carrying a man on horse.

scifibarbie

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 02:49:35 pm »
After hearing some of the rumors and sightings going on, Endra heads out to POint Dart to see if she can make a bit more sense out of the rumors.

She stops by the various villages closest to the attacks and hangs out at the taverns for a night or two having a drink and listening to all the gossip. Pointedly asking a question or two in regards to the "dragon" sightings. In particular she tries talking to the specific people who reported the sightings.

On more than one occasion, the locals ask her why shes so interested. Her reply is rather curt, though not unfriendly. "Im a dragonhunter...and if it is a dragon. I will find it and see what i can do to help."

At their incredulous and obviously looks of 'she is a crazy one'. She just grins and continues on with her mission. Heading to the next town when shes done.

Sending you a pm aerimor.  :D

Aerimor

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 12:14:02 am »
On the ground just south of Fort Zakumo, in the Telish Throne Kingdom of Tilmar, two farms responsible for caring for a significant portion of the fort's live stock suffered losses. A fair number of sheep and a pair of cattle were killed or reported missing one morning. No sightings were reported and investigators can only confirm it was one or more large flying beasts.  Sentries and patrols on and around the fort have increased.

scifibarbie

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 01:56:03 am »
Listening to the reports that have come in before she leaves the inn, Endra smiles to herself and proceeds to see about procuring a few supplies and animals to carry them.

She then heads out towards the pasture lands saying she is aiming to head towards the mountains. She has a dragon to find.

Those nearby who see and have an idea what shes doing shake their heads in disbelief. Most saying shes utterly daft in the head. Though probably hoping it actually works, whatever she has planned.

Aerimor

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 12:45:32 pm »
Eastern gate rumors are that a single pass from unknown creature lit afire a coral of cows and set the grass lands nearby in which they fed on fire.  About a dozen cows were killed in the fire, many more had to be rounded up.  The grazing lands suffered heavier damage as those present acted to rescue the animals.  

Reports say it appears that the fire was designed to crowd the cattle together for a second more devastating pass. But due to recent attacks on farm lands and animals a regiment of troops were moved into the area for protection.  It is believed their unexpected presence discouraged the follow up attack.

Aerimor

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 04:49:02 pm »
A pig farm North East of Dashar, in the Boyer Kingdom, suffered complete loss.  In all 50 pigs and wild hogs were lost.  Some escaped and returned to the wild.  Some are charred remains in the ashes of the sties.  And many are simply gone without trace.

No word of who or what is responsible is circulating.

anything